What's for Dinner Sunday June 27?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DaveSoMD

Master Chef
Moderator Emeritus
More summetime fare here..grilled corn, burgers and hot dogs, tomatoes, cucumbers and salad.

Sunday Supper 06-27-10

Cheese Steaks Subs
Fruit Salad w/Honey/Lime Dressing

I am thinking Fries, but I would really like something healthier. Any ideas folks?

I've tried my hand at Vietnamese Summer Rolls. I filled them with some pork strips (that were boiled in slight salt water), shrimp, green leaf lettuce, cilantro, and very thin rice noodles tossed with a bit of sweet rice vinegar. I'll make a mixture of hoisin sauce and PB to dip them in. To round out the meal, I've made cucumber salad and I have some cantaloupe. Mint tea to drink.

My rolls are not pretty, which made me a bit sad. Next time, I will cut the lettuce in strips or use some thin leaf lettuce, which I think will make them prettier.

~Kathleen

Well, let's see...since the garden is "exploding," we're going to have okra soup, homemade French bread and blackberry pie that was made with berries Glenn picked yesterday along the garden fence. The vines are going nuts. Made the crust with my great-great aunt's recipe that calls for lard. Yumm!!!!

Brined and grilled pork chops, (for DF and me) and chicken breast for DM... Sweet potatoes, broccoli, and salad...

left over pasta salad from last night, gonna add some cooked shrimp. making garlic bread with homemade salt free bread. and roasted garlic butter. iced tea. no dessert so far. oh by the way will not put cauliflower in pasta salad again. to over powering.

Panfried sole filets, finished with parmesan, asian coleslaw, iced tea and later...ice cream!

Broiled chuck steak, mac & cheese with peas and salad.

img_905634_0_63b5e93843fa8e1f62655cfe7d87b83f.jpg

Back
Top Bottom