What's For Dinner, Sunday, May 27, 2007

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Roasted tomatoe and red pepper soup and steak and cheese subs. I'll be using rib eye steak and will be cooking that with onions and mushrooms.

I'm also going to be busy making Caine's suggestion:
Firenza Chocolate Ecstacy Strawberry Shortcake with whipped cream
as well as homemade lemonaide by Katie E in preparation for a little cookout at my dads tomorrow.

LEFSElover, The Tex Wasabi's Koi Fish Tacos sound pretty good!!

Last edited:
I am making this Adobo Sirloin - Allrecipes
I am also grilling onions/green peppers and serving this fajita style. I am considering making a nice big pitcher of sangria too.

And a cherry pie and ice cream for dessert

we`re having MPD-Chicken, it`s my Own recipe/idea borne of frustration.
basicly it`s a Whole chicken that will be roasted, but since my wife likes hers Plain and I like Salt, lime and chili in mine, I make up a solution of these then load it into a Hypo and inject it into my Half of the chicken as I withdraw the needle several times all over (it`s nice with a few drops of liquid smoke in it also).

that way I get my half all nice and tasty and she gets hers Plain. this will be served on a plate each with loads of wholemeal bread and butter.

and there you have it, Multiple Personality Disorder Chicken :D

Iam going to marinate pork tenderloin in teriyaki for fritter sandwiches, (son loves them), fries and a salad. Cake for dessert.

Hot Buttermilk Biscuits...

Smoked Sausage...

Steen's 100% Pure cane Syrup.......

Open up a jar of pear preserves....

(Maybe some Lyles Golden or Black Treacle):ermm:

You're making my mouth water, Bob. I do prefer honey to cane syrup, though.
We're having ribeyes and whole Vidalia onions from the grill. There's one more picking of lettuce in the garden, so we'll have a nice salad to go with.

I think im going to do

Grilled Tilapia (lightly seasoned with lemon juice/Orange marmalade/vinegar/pinch of soy mixture) topped off with some paprika, sugar, salt and pepper.

Fresh cut french fries

side salad w/ honey mustard dressing.

I have a small tuna steak in the freezer, I may thaw it out and make a few sushi rolls for an appetizer.

Last edited:
going to moms house ..
where i get to cook all the food ..:chef:
oh .. except for the horrid store bought macaroni salad my
sister will bring ..:sick:

at least the steaks will be good ..
and the grilled shrimp ..:cool:

Uncle Bob said:
Hot Buttermilk Biscuits...
Smoked Sausage...
Steen's 100% Pure cane Syrup.......
Open up a jar of pear preserves....
(Maybe some Lyles Golden or Black Treacle):ermm:
you go Uncle Bob squirt on some of that good ole LGS and BT;) . Last night, you know what I'd frozen right? the leftover of your delish HGHP's. Again hubby said, these are soooooo good, good yeh, but now also gone:(

It's been hot all day and is still in the 80s, so we're having marinated grilled chicken legs, couscous with chopped grilled peppers and onions and a white wine vinegar dressing, and grilled asparagus. Yup, the grill is getting a workout :)

Saganaki for starters

Spinach Salad with Feta and Balsamic Vinaigrette
Green Olive Fougasse
Filet Mignon with Roquefort butter
Grilled Asparagus
Smashed Potatoes

Omm Ali (Egyptian Bread Pudding) for dessert.

I'm so full I can barely move....

:) Speaking of Saganaki I just toasted some Pumpernickle toasts,oven roasted some tomatoes and onions seasoned with garlic,balsamic,italian herbs salt and pepper.I then fried up some Kashkaval cheese breaded.Put cheese on bread and topped with roasted vegies.Turned out quite good

We seasoned a skirt steak (cumin, cayenne, etc), put some peppers and onions in foil. Cooked on the grill and had fajitas.

Back
Top Bottom