What's for dinner Sunday, May 6th?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luvs

Master Chef
chix with ricotta/spinach & potatoes with garlic/cheddar. opted not to cook haricots vert since i've got spinach included already.
changed my dinner-jake's bringing me garlicwings.
tommorrow, probably, i'll cook food.
he's cheesecake - that's his dessert.

Last edited:
What's for dinner, Sunday, May 6th?

I have had a couple of packages of ground elk lounging in my freezer for awhile. The elk needs to be used up, so since it is kind of a cool breezy day it would be great for making Elk Chili. With the chili I am thinking about making mini cornbread muffins and coleslaw. Not sure what I am having for dessert, maybe brownies.

What are you having for dinner tonight?

Package of chicken thighs - haven't decided what to do with them yet.
Fresh green beans with minced onion, bacon grease, and a bit of water.

Also have some nice-looking blackberries - anybody got a good idea for dessert?

The boy is making roasted potatoes & mushrooms with grilled toulouse sausages.

I'm having quinoa with steamed asparagus and borlotti bean pate´.

The Chocolate Mousse PIE is in the fridge!!! (YUM)

mudbug said:
Package of chicken thighs - haven't decided what to do with them yet.
Fresh green beans with minced onion, bacon grease, and a bit of water.

Also have some nice-looking blackberries - anybody got a good idea for dessert?

Take your favortie cobbler recipe and make blackberry cobbler. Serve with some vanilla ice cream and you have the perfect dessert.

Thanks, SC. Just finished looking at a thread about blackberries that mostly recommended cobbler. We're trying to not eat so many rich desserts these days. I'm thinking of making an angel food cake and a b-berry sauce to pour over, leaving some of the berries whole.

mudbug said:
TI'm thinking of making an angel food cake and a b-berry sauce to pour over, leaving some of the berries whole.
That sounds really good!
I've also made an angel food cake and made a frozen blueberry yougurt/sorbert type of thing (you could do the same using blackberries, just remeber to strain out the seeds;)), that works really well!

asparagus quiche, made with smoked bacon, Jarlsberg Swiss cheese, onions, s&p. Will fix a side of asparagus sauted in bacon grease. Along with a slice of NY Times bread/toast

Last edited:
Sunday dinner, hummmmm
grilling a must today it's sunny and warm soo..Grilled burgers, with the trimmings, hot dogs, same way, mac salad, deviled eggs, platter of mangoes,grapes, watermelon, cantaloupe, strawberries. Dessert a bread pudding made from callah bread with cream,butter, sugar, cinnamon,toasted pine nuts and chocolate chips.
Before hand munchies, platter of veggies and crackers with an artichoke dip, chips and salsa.
Happy Sunday:)

kadesma

SierraCook said:
mudbug, check out this link with some recipes from AllenOk that sound really good.

http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f15/chicken-thigh-recipes-for-alix-14392.html

Wow, they sure do! I'm like Allen and prefer eating thighs to the white meat. Thanks for the link, SC!

So many choices - that bourbon/mustard one looks especially yummy, but we drank all the bourbon.

So, I'm going with browning them off and then finishing them in the oven with some shrooms and wine-doctored jarred tomato-basil spaghetti sauce.

p.s. the blackberry sauce is looking good! Will just whiz it up with the boat motor before serving later.

Back to fridge clearing for us! But supper was great! We had a small risotto milanese, Millicent's pork (second time we've had this, its so good and simple) thanks to Urmanic sending us some bay leaves from Roma, and some asparagus. It was all delicious, although the asparugus was BIG and I had worried about woodiness, it was just about ok. We have had some great fruit over the weekend too, cherries, tiny peaches and big aprcots.

I made a shrimp bisque. I will serve that over white rice mixed with some steamed brocolli. Also, rolls!!! I can't wait to try it. My first time making the bisque. It's on the allrecipe site if anyone is interested.

Since it's such a lovely downright cool spring evening here in VA, we have the coals burning & are planning on a simple meal of grilled chicken hotdogs on toasted rolls topped with turkey chili, chopped Vidalia onion, lettuce, etc., served with shoestring potatoes.

A friend and I went plant shopping when all of a sudden she got an uncontrollable urge to have a margarita!
thumbsup4kk.gif

Top Shelf - 20 ounces - oh yum! fresh pineapple, fresh lime, fresh strawberry, and a fresh orange for garnish - then I came home and mindlessly planted the rest of the afternoon!
drinks_drunk.gif

oops - forgot to say that we split some fajitas and queso with chorizo

Last edited:
Wow! That margarita sounds heavenly!

Dinner was one of dh's favorite, thought I'm never too thrilled about it. I made penne and tossed it in a parm cream sauce (not quite alfredo, a lot thinner than that), steamed broccoli, browned chicken and toasted pine nuts.

Back
Top Bottom