What's for Dinner? Sunday, November 30th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Steve Kroll

Wine Guy
Looks like we haven't had a dinner thread since Thanksgiving. Hopefully everyone has eaten since then. ;)

It's Sunday, so I've got football on the tube and nothing on the stove. Mrs. K has talked me into giving Jimmy John's Unwich lettuce wraps a try.

Anyone else eating this weekend?

Last edited:
After the food frenzy at Glenn's daughter's home on Thursday, loads of grandchildren on Friday and Saturday, Glenn and I finally had our Thanksgiving meal.

We enjoyed roast turkey, sage stuffing, mashed potatoes, gravy, buttered peas, cranberry sauce, potato rolls, iced tea and pumpkin cheesecake. We're appropriately stuffed.

I made a pot of turkey noodle soup today with the Thanksgiving carcass and leftover turkey along with some various veggies. Some crusty bread and butter completed the meal.

013.JPG
This T-Day weekend, we went out to dinner
at this great Italian restaurant with Mr. & Mrs. DF,
I ordered the Pork Osso Buco,
but I just couldn't finish, what with bread & salad.
Got home this afternoon and I had to dream up
Sunday Supper...
Hmmm,
014.JPG
I pulled the meat off the pork shank,
chunked it up, and added it to
a jar of my homemade Marinara
from the cupboard, cooked some
cheese raviolis from the deep freeze,
platted and grated some Grana Padano atop,
016.JPG
MANGIAMO!

I'm cooking a turkey breast roast with dressing and proper gravy. With it we'll have my cranberry sauce and steamed broccolini.

I'm looking forward to having enough leftover turkey breast for sandwiches.

Still can't locate the leftovers, so we had eggs sunny side up, Canadian bacon, and toast.

{{{{{Dawg}}}}} You need to go to the store and buy one of these..three pounds of beautiful breast meat. Tonight I put it on a bed of veggies with a splash of Sherry, and made the best gravy with the drippings. Beware, throw away the packet of gravy included..trust me.

img_1400356_0_6efcaddd65f68762d5e129ec784ce937.jpg

Last edited:
Ever since Roll_Bones posted a thread looking for ham steak suggestions, I've had a taste for ham. Bought a half ham yesterday, had the butcher cut a steak slice off, and cooked the steak today. I seared the steak in a pan, tossed in nearly two pounds of fresh green beans, and simmered it all up (covered) until the beans were tender-crisp. Had a plate full of beans, a piece of ham, and Himself and I split the last three Grands biscuits. The rest of the ham will be baked later this week.

Turkey, mashed potatoes that had the taste of cheese (it was the carnation milk, there were some parts of it that had clumps of unstirred carnation milk in it), and gravy. Turkey with gravy was great.

Back
Top Bottom