What's for Dinner - Sunday, Sept 2, 2007?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bethzaring

Master Chef
We are going to roast hot dogs on a camp fire, about 15 feet from the house:wacko: at our fire ring. DH wants to wait til sunset, so we will have to eat something else before sunset! Will also eat some pasta salad and roasted yukon golds. This will be the holiday meal cause dh works tomorrow:)

What are you doing?

Atomic Buffalo Turds and I am not sure what else.
Since it IS Labor Day weekend, we HAVE to grill......
RIGHT????:LOL:

Sunday dinner time:) We are having my fried chicken with garlic,rosemary,white wine and pats of butter, seafood salad,the usual fruit platter, corn on the cob, creamy alfredo with basil over linguine,and a large platter of sliced tomatoes, with slices of mozzarella, then finished with torn fresh basil and a drizzle of evoo and some good balsamic i've been hoarding. Before hand, my dads avocado dip with sliced baguette, stuffed onions,a large platter of veggies with homemade real onion dip. Plenty of cold drinks,wine,beer, dessert chocolate cream pies.

kadesma:)

We're having Caribbean ham steak, which is a ham steak cooked with orange juice, brown sugar, rum, honey, and pineapple. I'll make a side of scalloped apples, maybe a small green salad. For dessert I've got a base for Dutch chocolate ice cream already in the refrigerator. Gonna glam it up by adding chocolate chips and chopped walnuts.

Just the two of us, but I am fixing grilled country style ribs couple chicken leg quarters, corn on the cob, coleslaw and grilled sour dough bread. Hubby doesn't care for chicken (I love it) so decided on both !

I want to eat at kadesma's tonight. LOL

We're having the Gramma's over tonight so I'll be doing a giant chicken, stuffed of course, then a wild rice side dish and some oven roasted new potatoes. I'll do some yellow beans and maybe steam some carrots too. There will be a salad...not sure what kind I will go for right now, but not caesar, something lighter. Dessert will be either a rhubarb crisp or if I get inspired I will bake some kind of coffee cake. I have some blueberries and some apples so I'll see what happens later.

After reading the above posts I have a hankering for fresh french bread dipped in balsamic vinegar and EVOO so that might hit the table too! No appys here though. We will just fill up on the main deal.

Move over, Alix, I'd like a spot at her table, too!:LOL: And knowing kads, there'd be enough food for both of us!;)

We're having beer-marinated steaks on the grill, baked sweet potatoes, peas, and a tossed salad with fresh basil dressing. Dessert will be mint cookies and cream ice cream.

Happy Birthday!!!!

We're going to a Greek lamb roast!
So, lamb roasted over the pit and all the fixing to go along with it.

( booze to be included!!!)

We're having the Gramma's over tonight so I'll be doing a giant chicken, stuffed of course, then a wild rice side dish and some oven roasted new potatoes. I'll do some yellow beans and maybe steam some carrots too. There will be a salad...not sure what kind I will go for right now, but not caesar, something lighter. Dessert will be either a rhubarb crisp or if I get inspired I will bake some kind of coffee cake. I have some blueberries and some apples so I'll see what happens later.

After reading the above posts I have a hankering for fresh french bread dipped in balsamic vinegar and EVOO so that might hit the table too! No appys here though. We will just fill up on the main deal.
Come on Alix, we have plenty for you Ken and the girls and the grammies too.;)
Pa grab Sofie and the DH I'll put a plate on for each of you..I always have plenty.:LOL:
kads

I currently have 4 boneless center cut pork loin chops and a 10 ounce package of spinach thawing on the kitchen counter for today's dinner. I will be browning the pork chops, then simmering them in Bush's Country style baked beans until cooked through and tender. They will be accompanied by Sicilian spinach & eggs.

I am also thawing 4 Omaha Steaks fillets mignon, in the refrigerator, for tomorrow's dinner.

BBQ sauced ribs (they came out great), cole slaw, corn on the cob (w lime and butter), mustard potato salad, layered pasta salad (bow ties, tomatoes, mushrooms, mozzarella chunks, black olives, Italian dressing, sprinkled w fresh-grated parmesan). Lots of fruit (always around here), grapes, cantaloupe, honeydew, strawberries. Cold crab salad, Sangria, lemon cheesecake and peach pie with vanilla ice cream sprinkled w cinnamin. Appies - guacamole with homemade tortilla chips and watermelon w balsamic & feta salad.

good lord all your dinners sound amazing!:chef:

not quite sure what I'm going to make, i'm thinking of pesto stuffed tofu and steaming some new potatoes and we'll see what else...

We went to visit my mom and stepfather who live about two hours north of us. We had grilled country-style ribs, grilled corn on the cob, and green beans with onions and basil/garlic/oregano tomato sauce.

We had breaded pork chops ala Corrine, bacon wrapped asparagus bundles and mashed potatoes with banana pudding for dessert. It was delicious and so was the company.

Back
Top Bottom