What's for dinner, Sunday, September 14, 2008

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jeff G.

Head Chef
Sunday Dinner... if it quits raining long enough... Grilled flat iron steak, grilled corn on the cob, sliced fresh tomatoes.

If it keeps raining, roasted flat iron steak, boiled corn on the cob, sliced fresh tomatoes.

I have roasted a flat iron before. It is delicious treated as a roast. Just don't over cook it.

Oh, for lunch I had butter beans on bread... nice comfort food on a rainy day.

Dinner Sunday Sept. 14

Home made Calzone with ham and mozzarella , ricotta filling , with side of tomato sauce for dipping.

I was just going to start this thread if it wasn't already......

I just packaged some chicken thighs for the freezer and left five out. So chicken thighs tonight, along with broccoli and probably something else. Cooking method to be decided later.

I just took chicken breast out of the freezer for tonight but have no idea what I want to do with it yet....anyone want to point me to a great chicken recipe...maybe a baked one.....?? :mrgreen:

I just took chicken breast out of the freezer for tonight but have no idea what I want to do with it yet....anyone want to point me to a great chicken recipe...maybe a baked one.....?? :mrgreen:

I typically don't cook chicken breast, but have some in the feezer specifically for this recipe http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f38/foiled-chicken-with-stuffing-recipe-42200.html Just set the pouches in your oven. I use a thermometer to check for doneness. I also have seared the breasts quickly in a pan to give me the makings of a gravy if I'm in the mood for mashed potatoes, then I put them in the pouch.

I wish we would have had this conversation last week because I had kalmata olives and I would have loved That stuffed in the chicken!! Yum....but I'm all out:( I'm not out of groceries but my options are thin right now...can't think of any stuffings on hand that are calling my name! How about a marinade, rub, or coating ....?

Looks delish pacanis but the only ingredients I have for that is the chicken, water and foil!!:LOL: :LOL:

:LOL:
I know the feeling. I get it a lot when looking at recipes here, then if I really want to make it, I'll put the ingredients on my shopping list for later.

grilling a london broil .. corn the cob ..
salad .. maybe some ice cream ..

baking the leftover spaghetti along with fresh salads. Just hit the farmers market yesterday. Had scrambled eggs, bacon and biscuits for lunch.

We are having tri tips, sauteed mushrooms, potato salad, fruit platter,roasted baby Yukons, artichokes,a big green salad rolls to make sammies, and ice cream sundaes
kadesma

Found my dinner for tonight!! ....I forgot how to do the link:blush:

Sesame Chicken with Honey Dip

[FONT=&quot]½ cups mayo[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]1 tsp dry mustard[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]1 TBS minced onion[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breasts[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]½ cup seasoned breadcrumbs[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]¼ cup sesame seeds[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]2 TBS honey[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]1 TBS Dijon mustard[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Preheat oven to 425°. In a medium-sized bowl combine ½ of the mayo, dry mustard and onions, mix to blend well. And chicken and toss to coat.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Toss breadcrumbs and sesame seeds to mix. Roll chicken in breadcrumbs to coat. Place in a single layer on a baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes, until lightly browned and crisp.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
Then just dip in a honey/mustard type dip - mayo, Dijon, honey.

Thanks KE!

going to eat leftovers that i didn't eat last night. pork roast,mashed potatoes, corn, salad, oh yes and outbacks sweet brown bread. it turned out very well. ice cream for dessert. babe

Western ribs on the grill, redskins (not sure how yet), green beans from the garden tossed in butter & breadcrumbs, and coleslaw.

Joe

Pot roast, potatoes, carrots, and celery. I love one-pot Sunday dinners. :chef:

my Mumfed me chix soup, shared a coconut pudding with me, then gave me an icecream, then jake got me a salad, i'm stuffed!! showing thier love, i suppose.:heart:

Ooh.. for my dinner earlier(which was very tasty, cooked inside) I had a terrific desert. They had mango italian ice, ice cream on sale. Wow was it great!! Creamy, flavorful and surprisingly light on the calories....

Back
Top Bottom