What's for Dinner, Thurs. Jan. 25, 2007

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Barb L.

Master Chef
Making a goulash with ground beef,onions,garlic,sauteed baby bella's,can of green chilis,tomato paste,and tomato soup. Adding my elbow mac after. Garlic bread maybe a salad... Never made this concoction before - :rolleyes:

I don't know, maybe gnoochi and nut sauce, maybe stuffed pancakes, I'll let DH choose tonight....

I don't know I did not take anything out to thaw this morning. I have
to take my oldest to get new glasses this evening might do carry out.
The last two times we did carry out it was really nasty:sick: total waste of
$$s. Just had a thought brats sound good with b-b-q beans and potatoe
salad. Strange to have a taste for that when the temp it 32. I will
ask my hubby and see what he thinks. OOOO or how about chili cheese
dogs? yummy

We are going to our club for dinner tonight - it's nearly next door and my DH's buddies go on Thursday's - (golf club) We have a new chef and she's hit and miss.

We have a play to go to tonight so... dinner will be some thing fast and SOFT Paulie's getting BRACES today!!! Maybe just some soup.

We're having baked tilapia with spinach and mashed potatos...and salad of course.

pdswife said:
We have a play to go to tonight so... dinner will be some thing fast and SOFT Paulie's getting BRACES today!!! Maybe just some soup.
have him chew gum after he gets the braces on it helps
the gums. sorta like rubbing sore muscles.
goodluck

Doesn't it stick to all the parts? When I had braces ( a million years ago) gum was one of the big NO NO's!

I have no idea what I'm making for dinner tonight, but I had best get started. Probably something chicken, as I have a BUNCH of chicken in the freezer.

pdswife said:
Doesn't it stick to all the parts? When I had braces ( a million years ago) gum was one of the big NO NO's!
me too a long ago, but now they encourage gum chewing, the
gum does not stick to my kids braces, they say it really helps?
i was shocked when our ortho gav
e them gum.

when i don't have gum after they get them tightened, they will
complain the next day how bad they hurt. complaining the next
day i would think they have forgotten i did not have gum for
them after the appt.

PDS, you'll have to ask jkath about good braces recipes--I know her one son just had them tightened and she was on a mission to come up with some new tasty, soft things for him to eat.

I'm afraid it's leftovers here tonight. I'd give my right arm (and probably left, too!) for pizza, but since DH is dieting, that's been off the menu for a few weeks.:( I need to make sure I treat myself one of these nights he's not around!

I'm probably having salad and maybe a roast.. Its my moms birthday so I will also make a chiffon cake...

We are having ground beef stroganoff simply because I was straightening up the freezer and saw some ground sirloin I needed to use. We will either have mashed potatoes or biscuits (not both) and a green veggie. Fresh pears for dessert.

dw made a delicious roasted chicken and brown rice, and we had fresh italian bread from the bakery.
the chicken was extra plain, lol, just sprinkled with salt and pepper. i don't remember the last time i had a chicken just plain like that, simply roasted. it was very moist and tender.

i had the chicken with the remains of a bottle of stonewall kitchens curried mango grille sauce - Curried Mango Grille Sauce - Stonewall Kitchen

the combination was really fantastic. it was good on the rice, too!
i love stonewall kitchen sauces, especially this one, and the maple chipotle grille sauce.

anyone ever try them?

Back
Top Bottom