What's For Dinner Thurs. July 13?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
vagriller said:
I would like to make some chili, but it seems crazy to make chili when it's this hot outside.

I made my chili on a rainy day, and froze the leftovers...try it out when you have crappy weather :chef:

luvs said:
a ginger lemonade w/ booze for me. kinda queasy.

Pepto bismol works good for an upset stomach. Lemonade with ginger and booze, I dont think that will help. Ginger will be good, but lemondade is too sour for your stomach and booze is not good either. Get some food into you!

kadesma said:
Dinner is going to be easy, just french rolls or foccacia, with Italian meats, mortadella,salami,prociutto, provolone, shredded lettuce, tomato,onion,avocado, then with evoo and vinegar on top of the lettuce and tomatoes. Potato salad, corn on the cob and chocolate ice cream and chocolate cookies wih white chocolate chunks..
that's all for me today...
kadesma:)

You guys sure can eat alot. I'd be full from one sandwich, nevermind the potatoe salad, corn on the cob and dessert! Your dinners always sound so nice though.

amber said:
You guys sure can eat alot. I'd be full from one sandwich, nevermind the potatoe salad, corn on the cob and dessert! Your dinners always sound so nice though.
Hi Amber,
yes I always fix a lot, guess it's a hang over from the way my parents set a table. There was a;was a salad, veggie, meat, bread, so I tend to do the same. Plus with 4 kids and 6 grandkids, ya never know who will pull up a chair at dinner time. Then there are the ones who will only have several ears of corn and ice water, one who only wants a dab of salad and half a sammie and so forth...But yep we do make a lot and there are always goodies for the kids to take for lunch the next day.

kadesma:)

Last night was sort of a "split" meal. One of the markets had some nice Bluefish filets - something I don't see very often since moving to VA from Long Island, NY - so I picked up a small one for myself. Husband, however, hates Bluefish, so at the same time I picked up a Cajun-marinated catfish filet for him.

Baked each one in its own individual oval casserole/ramekin - husband's was fine as is, but I covered my nice Bluefish with sliced red onions, crumbled feta cheese, oregano, & lemon juice. Baked for about 15 minutes & served with fresh buttered marjoram-seasoned green beans.

Back
Top Bottom