What's For Dinner Thursday, 10/21/10?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
LOL Andy! I don't like fruit on pizza either but Hawaiian is a pretty popular variety.

We had sole done in garlic butter, whole grain blend done in broth, a fresh green salad and ice cream for dessert.

Serrano Ham, Egg and Cheese Sandwich

img_928962_0_37d48403ebca5dca89512039adb3f47b.jpg

Am in the middle of making a shrimp dish with sauteed garlic, onion, spices, lime juice, red bell pepper, peas, etc. Will serve over rice.

Eeewwwww! Have you no shame?

Actually, I detest ham and pineapple pizza (double mushroom double cheese) but I get outvoted two to one in my household and since I already have to make 2 different crusts and shred both regular and soy cheese, I stick to one topping and keep my mouth shut! :angel:

I made the dinner I was going to have last night. [FONT=&quot]Jalapeno Glazed Pork Medallions, Baked Sweet Potatoes, Lemon Pepper Italian Green Beans, Fried Apples. The Pork was YUMMY!!!
[/FONT]

Dinner is a replay of the other night with stand in linguine.
Spinach & Chive Linguine topped with homemade mushroom sauce (fresh garlic, onion & sliced mushrooms, ground dry porcini mushrooms, thyme, rosemary, sea salt, ground peppercorns, ground red pepper flakes, chopped fresh basil & oregano sautéed in chili pepper infused EVOO then plain tomato sauce & burgundy wine added) & fresh grated Romano & Parmesan cheeses and a loaded salad.

img_928980_0_2ef48e80a86c3971c20163052eb2c704.jpg

Looks good!

I was thinking it sounded kinda of small, this portioning is working, but geez, only an ounce of cheese???:)...Shrek and I LOVE honey-lemon glazed carrots. Just use lemon juice if you have it. Boil the carrots till tender, drain leaving about a tablespoon of water in pan, stir in honey and lemon juice to taste, toss carrots back in a stir to coat.

Thanks Princess. I've just added honey to the grocery list. So many carrot recipes require it so I guess I'll just wait until I have more ingredients.

Not sure about dinner yet BUT Brunch for 3: Ham, mushroom, onion, egg & cheese omelet (diced Country ham (leftover from last night), sliced mushrooms & onions sautéed in butter & hot chili pepper infused EVOO. Heat lowered to medium high. Eggs scrambled with sea salt, ground peppercorns & ½ & ½ added to pan. Bottom of eggs allowed to set then edges lifted to allow raw egg to flow underneath set eggs. When only the top slightly unset layer is left shredded cheddar is sprinkled down the center and pan is covered and removed from heat. Allow to steam a bit to finish setting top layer and cheese to melt. Fold one side over to middle and cover the cheese, slide onto plate and fold other side over. Top with additional cheddar and cover briefly to melt.)

Oh, I want some of that! I love omelets!

A croissant and two homemade brownies. A very well balanced meal. :wacko:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom