What's for dinner? Thursday 10-26-17

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cheryl J

Chef Extraordinaire
I'm having a steak grilled on the Weber, with oven roasted cauliflower and asparagus. :yum:

What's everyone having this evening? :chef:

An oven fried chicken thigh, cabbage salad and extra fine green beans with a few dried cranberries tossed in.

If I lived in a better neighborhood I would call the beans haricots verts! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Ran around all morning and just grazed this afternoon..

I did make a tasty tuna salad and we munched on that along with crackers..

Maybe tomorrow I'll cook.. :ermm:

Of course there are a couple of dessert choices for later..

Ross

Today is actually Chicken Fried Steak Day in Texas, by proclamation of the Texas Legislature. Wow, they got something right, for a change. :LOL:

So, I had chicken fried steak at Norma's Cafe in Dallas today for lunch, with three sides -- mashed potatoes, green beans and fried okra.

I won't need much dinner. I'll just graze on fruits and nuts.

CD

No idea. We're on the road on the way to Michigan and have a hotel reservation in Somerset, PA, so we'll find something once we get there.

DW made shrimp tempura, fried tilapia, and stir fried cauliflower. I reheated the Tom Yum Gai I made the other day, and made rice.

The Tom Yum was OK, but not as good as the day I made it. Soups usually taste better a day or two later, but not this one, apparently. It lost something. It wasn't as fragrant and bright as a Tom Yum should be.

I'm having a steak grilled on the Weber, with oven roasted cauliflower and asparagus....

I ate all of the veggies, but there's half of the steak left. Steak and eggs tomorrow morning...or a steak sandwich for lunch....

Attachments

• grilled steak and roasted veggies.jpg
    grilled steak and roasted veggies.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 146
Today is actually Chicken Fried Steak Day in Texas, by proclamation of the Texas Legislature. Wow, they got something right, for a change. :LOL:

So, I had chicken fried steak at Norma's Cafe in Dallas today for lunch, with three sides -- mashed potatoes, green beans and fried okra.

I won't need much dinner. I'll just graze on fruits and nuts.

CD
I make a great CFS but, I really miss popping into one of the great diners in Missouri, just for CFS.. :yum:

Ross

I ate all of the veggies, but there's half of the steak left. Steak and eggs tomorrow morning...or a steak sandwich for lunch....

That looks great, Cheryl! :yum:

I'm hosting a dinner party on Saturday, so I've been making a conscious effort to keep the kitchen somewhat clean for the next couple of days. Dinner was chili I pulled out of the freezer.

I'm hosting a dinner party on Saturday, so I've been making a conscious effort to keep the kitchen somewhat clean for the next couple of days. Dinner was chili I pulled out of the freezer.

LOL. My guests, other than my closest friends, have never seen what my kitchen looks like when I'm cooking alone. At least, at 83 years old, my mom doesn't come to visit anymore. :LOL:

CD

Leftover Swedish meatballs, marinated cukes and I tossed a couple grape tomato halves in for good measure. Frozen green beans and a sliced buttered carrot. Guess I got my veggies in tonight.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom