What's for dinner Thursday 2/4/2010

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
O.K. Ya'll it's thursday! What ya'll eatin'?

DH is taking me out for Mexican today so I don't have to cook. Yeah! Someone's gonna wait on me for a change.

Good 4 u..i want some to wait on me too:ROFLMAO: but we are having Mexican at home too..some Chicken Enchilada, and my Nana's burrito...maybe salsa and guacamole...heheehe:chef:

Leftovers here. DH and I both have class tonight. I made a big pot of Connie's potato soup yesterday and have the fixings for rubens or rachels.

Good 4 u..i want some to wait on me too:ROFLMAO: but we are having Mexican at home too..some Chicken Enchilada, and my Nana's burrito...maybe salsa and guacamole...heheehe:chef:

Wow, I'm going to scratch what I was planning and just come over to your house! I'll volunteer as kitchen helper too!

Two Cornish Games Hens (cleaning out my freezer week), steamed baby carrots and Garlic potatoes.

I'm working tonight, but just realized I'd better leave some supper for the family! Hmmm...ground beef I think. Meatballs or spaghetti? Or maybe tacos? Something like that. I'll post back later.

I'm working tonight, but just realized I'd better leave some supper for the family! Hmmm...ground beef I think. Meatballs or spaghetti? Or maybe tacos? Something like that. I'll post back later.

Leave the meat and a box of KD and tell them "some assembly required" :LOL:

Something with b/s chicken breasts. Maybe a quick chicken soup.

I don't care. I hab a code and don't feel like eating.

Actually, it's an upper respiratory infection, and seems to have moved into my digestive system. Went to the Dr. and got some Cipro today.

Left-over buffet night here: baked chicken, pork & navy bean soup, rice, steamed cabbage, sauerkraut, peas, corn, gravy. Browies for dessert.

I improvised a curious side dish to go with a leftover pork chop. The funny thing was that the side dish was fairly tasty (or maybe I was extra hungry. Based very loosely on the Mediterranean style beans and greens soup:

1/2 medium onion diced
1/2 red bell pepper diced
2 cloves garlic minced
2 Tbls of olive oil
1 can white kidney beans, drained and rinsed
1 can Gloria low salt collard greens
1 can Ro-Tels tomatoes
1/2 cup of instant white rice

Sweat the onion and bell pepper, then add the garlic and let cook for 2 minutes. Dump in everything else but the rice and simmer covered for a while. Peak and stir and add the rice.

This isn't a finished recipe and fine tuning is needed, but the taste was complex and pleasing. Maybe a touch of basil and summer savory or.....

I made some fish chowder with porgy that my hubby caught on Tuesday with a salad. Double chocolate cookies for dessert.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom