What's for dinner? Thursday 4-5-18

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cheryl J

Chef Extraordinaire
I'll be having Huevos Rancheros, since I've had a craving for it for a few days. I made some fresh pico de gallo this morning to top it with. :yum:

What's on everyone's plate this evening? :chef:

I'm going to fire up the gasser and grill a burger to serve with some American cheese on a bagel. Yup, another bagel burger. Bagels just make such good buns for a really juicy burger. They don't get soggy or fall apart.

I will probably fry up some taters to eat with the Whataburger ketchup that is now available at my local Market Street.

Legendary Trio 3‑Pack - Whatastore

The spicy ketchup is good, too, but the original "fancy" ketchup is my favorite. I don't know what they do differently with their ketchup, I just like it -- a lot. And, I am not a ketchup fan. That sounds weird because it is weird.

CD

Fell off of the wagon somewhat tonight..ended up having shrimp tacos..only a couple of 31-40's in each taco...and, to start, I heated up the left over black bean veggie chili I made added and broiled cheese on it and ate that with nacho chips...

Attachments

• 30261891_10155285731647401_4645752668227108864_n.jpg
    30261891_10155285731647401_4645752668227108864_n.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 140
Pan-seared pork chops with apples braised in one pan with Pie Spice and green beans in another pan braised in chicken broth with Penzeys Fox Point seasoning.

Pastrami wraps with Primal Kitchen Paleo Mayo, spicy brown mustard, Swiss cheese, sliced tomatoes, sliced red onions, cilantro all wrapped in romaine. Having my 2 pieces of 86% cacao chocolate for dessert. Artesian well water for a beverage.

I bought a basket of fresh Champignon Gormet mushrooms at the Dollar Store. They looked interesting so after browning some chicken thighs I added the mushrooms and made a lemon/cream/mushroom sauce to finish the thighs in the oven. The dish was really good, and I enjoyed the firmer texture of these "new to me" mushrooms.
Steamed broccolini and freezer saved holiday dressing completed the dinner.

I bought a basket of fresh Champignon Gormet mushrooms at the Dollar Store. They looked interesting so after browning some chicken thighs I added the mushrooms and made a lemon/cream/mushroom sauce to finish the thighs in the oven. The dish was really good, and I enjoyed the firmer texture of these "new to me" mushrooms.
Steamed broccolini and freezer saved holiday dressing completed the dinner.

That sounds very delish ! Though the Dollar Store around here in the Bay Area, I havent seen fresh produce in there. Thats really awesome

That sounds very delish ! Though the Dollar Store around here in the Bay Area, I havent seen fresh produce in there. Thats really awesome

Actually Roman, it's the "99cents only" store. Their produce is good, fresh and an unbelievable bargain. Maybe you have one in the Bay area.
I just call it the dollar store cuz it's easier.
https://99only.com/

Last edited:
Kayelle, every time you mention your deals from that store I have to look up where they are. One of these days I'll remember that they're all on your side of the Mississippi! Seems like TAC (Texas, Arizona, California) are the lucky states. From the look of the map IE, you should have some up your way.

I pulled two pints of Brunswick stew from the freezer before I left for shopping - three stores! When I got home, I baked up the baguette I had bought at Aldi, heated the stew, and called it supper. "Dessert" was a shared bear claw pastry from Panera. They sent me a coupon for a free piece of bakery, and I don't often pass up on "free". I guess it was their way of saying "sorry" for their data breach. :glare: Can't be because I buy bread there anymore. Homemade is so much better. :yum:

Back
Top Bottom