What's for Dinner, Thursday April 1st.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LPBeier

Certified Cake Maniac
Moderator Emeritus
Happy April Fool's Day everyone!

DH picked up a shift today and we went out for Chinese food last night, so my marinating ginger beef meat is still in the fridge and will be a bit much for Dad and I, but I will make it anyway with the leftover rice and chow mien from last night!

What's cooking in your house for tonight?

Dinner thursday, april 1st

there's a couple lobster tails in the freezer. scrumptious!
salad & breadsticks.
margaritas.

Happy B-Day luvs, sounds like a great birthday feast.

I've been sort of dogging it on the cooking front since we got home. I don't much feel like cooking tonight either. We've had chicken, tuna steaks and soup since we got home. Tonight is going to be ground beef in some form or another. I'm trying to decide what will be easiest on our still recovering tummies. Something low spice/low acid content I think is in order. Suggestions are welcome!

I've been bailing out my basement every 90 minutes since Wednesday morning. SO, taking pity on me, is bringing us dinner from KFC.

Oh gross. Do you have a sump pump or is this way beyond that?

I'm not up to my elbows or anything like that. Many folks have it a lot worse than I do. The water is confined to one corner of the basement and I'm working to keep it there so I don't have to move all the stuff I have stored there.

I don't have a sump pump because this is not usually an issue. We have had very heavy rains over the past several weeks and the ground just can't hold any more water. Some areas are reporting their wettest March on record.

When the dust settles, I'll get after the condo property manager to make it more water tight.

Andy I am sorry to hear about your water woes. After our flood last year I know what it is like. Sending good thoughts for better weather and dryer ground!

Andy I am sorry to hear about your water woes. After our flood last year I know what it is like. Sending good thoughts for better weather and dryer ground!

It's forecasted to be sunny, warm and dry through Monday at least. Easter could hit 80 F!

I forgot to take anything out of the freezer this morning, so I'll probably thaw a steak in the microwave and toss it on the grill.
Sorry about your water problems Andy, I've gone through four floods and know what a pain in the butt that they can be. After all is said and done, you may want to go to your local home improvement center and purchase a small plug in pump. They're not that expensive and will suck water up from a flat surface fairly well. You just screw on a standard garden hose to the discharge of the pump and put the other end of the hose outside or into a drain. Don't buy the sump pump type models that have to be submerged as they won't suck water from a flat surface.
Good luck!

I forgot to take anything out of the freezer this morning, so I'll probably thaw a steak in the microwave and toss it on the grill.
Sorry about your water problems Andy, I've gone through four floods and know what a pain in the butt that they can be. After all is said and done, you may want to go to your local home improvement center and purchase a small plug in pump. They're not that expensive and will suck water up from a flat surface fairly well. You just screw on a standard garden hose to the discharge of the pump and put the other end of the hose outside or into a drain. Don't buy the sump pump type models that have to be submerged as they won't suck water from a flat surface.
Good luck!

Thanks for the tip, John.

Lasagana, salad and garlic bread.

I decided to make it easy on everyone since Mom was getting in this evening and they are notorious for getting lost (EVERY vist they get lost on the drive) so it is hard to gage when to have dinner ready for since i never know when they will really be arriving. This time they will be about 1 hr 20 minutes late (they called for directions ... but that is another story), so the lasagana went in and will be ready 30 minutes after they arrive.

I'm beat there is so much to do, that it's every man for himself. I'm just going to have some broth and crackers.Then pray I can get some sleep.
I spent last night walking back and forth, tonight after the soup some hot tea and I'm done...DH is making a burger for himself.
kades

I made 2 large pizzas the other night, what was I thinking?...we have been eating it for breakfast, lunch and dinner! I do believe something else will be on tomorrow's menu!:LOL:

I made 2 large pizzas the other night, what was I thinking?...we have been eating it for breakfast, lunch and dinner! I do believe something else will be on tomorrow's menu!:LOL:

I know the feeling. Sometimes I cook for the three of us like I am catering a banquet and we eat it for days. But if it is edible for DH I portion and freeze whatever it is for his work dinners. Pizza I could eat forever! :pig:

We had A&W for lunch and Dad and I were still feeling full so we had sausage rolls and salad. I hope to get that beef cooked up in some form tomorrow!

A large salad with chickpeas, green peas, corn, tomatoes, green leaf lettuce, sweet onion, and extra sharp cheddar with a red wine vinegar/balsamic/Dijon mustard vinaigrette. Baguette on the side.

Unicorn infused with fireleaf and pixie dust
Dorky Cooking: Unicorn infused with Fireleaf and Pixie Dust
april+fools.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom