What's for Dinner, Thursday April 8th?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LPBeier

Certified Cake Maniac
Moderator Emeritus
The kitchen reno is done and all cleaned up (finally) so I am able to cook. Usually on DH's days off it is a mess.

So, I am making pork tenderloin. Haven't decided if I am going to use a rub and grill or make medallions with a sauce. Sides will probably be some form of potato and a green salad.

What is on your menu for today?

Probably left-overs for us -

Baked ham, corn, butterbeans & old family recipe of potato salad. Ummmm

seafood tonight

I'm in a seafood mood so tonight we're having steamed clams in white wine and garlic, cajun basa fillets and salad. Dessert is angel food cake with strawberries and whipped cream! :chef:

The guys have been in and out all day fixing the AC. I kept waiting for them to finish but had to finally go ahead and cook something. I made macaroni and cheese and threw in some diced smoked sausage. Reheat the veggies left over from last night and called it supper.

Hmmm...pork tenderloin sounds good! I have one in the freezer. Thanks Laurie.

You're welcome Alix. Did you end up making it?

I turned my tenderloin into medallions and quick fried them until just nicely brown on either side (and just cooked inside. I boiled some baby red potatoes which I tossed in butter and chives from my herb garden (the first of the season) and served peas which is both Dad's and DH's favourite green vegetable.

For a sauce for the pork I decided to go a different route than normal and I deglazed the frypan with apple juice instead of wine and added chicken broth. I seasoned with poultry seasoning, salt and pepper and thickened with just a bit of cornstarch. I added the meat back in to heat it and served. It worked out very well! Sorry no pictures. We eat it up too fast!

My dinner was (2) burritos. one bean rice and cheese and one with homemade (crockpot) salsa chicken and cheese, both yummy. Also a bunch of chips, bbq and guac flavored...
And far too much soda. :cry:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom