What's for Dinner, Thursday Jan. 1st?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am grilling a pork tenderloin, making a Caersars salad and roasted red potatoes

After two outdoor events in subzero wind chill temperatures in the past 24 hours, we're having a huge pot of chicken soup with ancini de pepe and chicken club sandwiches.

Chocolate brownies with hot fudge for dessert.

Pork and Saurkraut (for me) Billy and Don are getting grilled chops. Mashed potatoes and gravy, green beans, and cheesy garlic biscuits.

Hoppin' John My Way

"My Way" Hoppin' John - and thanks GrillingFool for the marinade. I know I'm weird but I really like pictures of the before way better than the after.

Marinade before mixing with the vegetable broth

img_759380_0_54dadebee646c56e2e66ff5b6deaf441.jpg

Finished Hoppin' John - Rice, onions, collard greens, black-eyed peas, spices/herbs, pork, salsa

img_759380_1_8cec45f97b405bde4b5fd757856513b1.jpg

Last edited:
Roast pork loin with raspberry/jalapeno jam glaze...

See recipe in "pork" section..

on the side.. left over baked corn casserole with bacon and jalapeno.

We had a mishmash. Spinach/artichoke dip, chili cheese dip, kilbasa and saurkraut and lima bean soup. I need to clean everything out of the fridge to start anew!

Barb

"My Way" Hoppin' John - and thanks GrillingFool for the marinade. I know I'm weird but I really like pictures of the before way better than the after.

Marinade before mixing with the vegetable broth

img_759423_0_54dadebee646c56e2e66ff5b6deaf441.jpg

Finished Hoppin' John - Rice, onions, collard greens, black-eyed peas, spices/herbs, pork, salsa

img_759423_1_8cec45f97b405bde4b5fd757856513b1.jpg

Wow that is art! Very nice.

Our dinner wasn't nearly as glamorous...leftover lasagna, mac and cheese and salad. The company (my sil and niece) more than made up for the lack of it.

Dear GF made a blackeye pea cassarole for New Years day and even though it's getting late, I'm thinking about grilling up some oysters!

I would normally do pork, sauerkraut, dumplings, blackeyed peas, etc., but I made shrimp cakes out of the leftover roasted shrimp from last night.

I just learned today that there are New Years dinners for luck! Had no idea. BF and I finished up the chicken sandwhiches (getting a little sick of them..) and I came up with a "Bruschetta" soup. Now going to make some chocolate pudding for dessert (the instant stuff :) )

Back
Top Bottom