What's For Dinner, Thursday, June 28, 2007?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Barb L.

Master Chef
Whats everyone cooking today ? Iam clueless, need some ideas here.
Frying some chicken breast, smashed potatoes/gravy and garlic roasted broccoli w/parms. and red pepper flakes.

Last edited:
home made 1/4 pounders, BBQ beans, and Chips that will be from the ground to the plate in less than a hour :)

Mine were all asian foods

Soup of the day: Potato soup ( Corn, potato, carrot)

Dishes: Hakka Yong Tou Foo ( Beancurd stuffs with some seasoned meat)
Fry spinach
Sweet & Sour fish

End it with tang yuan as dessert.

I think I will be doing mashed potatoes for a while, I am starved for fresh potatoes:LOL:.

I really liked the way I prepared them a few night ago. Scrubbed and cut into chunks, some red skinned potatoes, boiled them until tender then added some frozen chopped broccoli. Drained the water, then added some milk, butter, sour cream, salt and pepper and fresh chopped garlic. Mashed with a hand masher and served with NY Times bread. That's all we had, mashed potatoes (with broccoli and garlic) and bread. We were in heaven.;)

Assuming the severe electrical storms we're slated to get today don't knock out my power, I'm planning on making my "Spicy Sloppy Joe's" with cole slaw on the side.

(If we don't have power, than it will probably be a take-out pizza. . . )

The house has been hot the last couple of days so I'm doing leftover chicken and biscuits and a tossed salad.

I have a very small pork loin that I"m going to cook in the crock pot. I'm going to put some concaution together. I got some ideas from this site, but due to missing ingrediants, I sort of have to make up a few ingrediants of my own and/or substitute. I think I'll report the results later. Carrots will also be cooked in the crock pot.

For a pasta side? I'm not 100% sure. I think just a lipton pasta side we have in the cabinet.

For lunch I have a 1/4 pound beef burger with bacon and Swiss cheese, ketchup and mustard on the bottom half of the bun, Secret Sauce (Thousand Island dressing!) on the top half of the bun, with lettuce and tomato slices; a 3 ounce container of twisted macaroni salad; potato chips; fresh strawberries; grapes; and a great big brownie!

Supper will, again, be a romaine salad with my world famous Southwest Caesar dressing, sliced hard boiled egg, freshly grated cojito cheese, and croutons.

de-boned chicken marinated with thai spices, lemongrass, and chilis roasted in the oven with halved onions and peppers. I'm going to serve it with dinner rolls and cesar salad.

Caine said:
For lunch I have a 1/4 pound beef burger with bacon and Swiss cheese, ketchup and mustard on the bottom half of the bun, Secret Sauce (Thousand Island dressing!) on the top half of the bun, with lettuce and tomato slices; a 3 ounce container of twisted macaroni salad; potato chips; fresh strawberries; grapes; and a great big brownie!

Supper will, again, be a romaine salad with my world famous Southwest Caesar dressing, sliced hard boiled egg, freshly grated cojito cheese, and croutons.

Sounds yum, Caine. I was planning on some bleu cheese burgers with bacon, and a portabella mushroom and tomato salad this weekend - love those twisted cold salads. :)

I am marinating flank steak/london broil in brown sugar, worcestershire, veg oil, dry mustard, s&p & lemon juice. Will cook it up, then slice thinly and serve over whole wheat spaghetti, with green beans and halved cherry tomatoes. Dessert - French vanilla ice cream over grilled peaches (w a pinch of brown sugar), and blackberry jam & Ice cold Lemonade.

Well I've finally came to the last frozen meat item in my freezer......salmon. Look out stores here I come.....okay not till tomorrow...:LOL:

So I'll tonight it'll be:

Salmon with a ginger glaze served over lightly seasoned rice. I'm also fixing asian style sugar snap peas.

Loprraine said:
I'll be on a train tonight, so, I'll eat whatever they feed me. :cool:
Do they feed you on a train? I know they don't feed you on an airplane any more.

BTW, I just ordered another American celebration package from Omaha Steaks, well, two actually, one for me and one for my son and his wife (the baby don't eat steak yet!).

For a grand total of $149.95, including shipping, I get two packages, each containing 4 (5 oz.) Filet Mignons, 4 (5 oz.) Top Sirloins, 4 (4 oz.) Boneless Pork Chops, 2 (4.5 oz.) Stuffed Sole with Scallops and Crab, 8 (3 oz.) Gourmet Franks, 10 (4 oz.) Omaha Steaks Burgers, and 10 (2.8 oz.) Potatoes au Gratin, plus a cookbook, a set of knives, and a plastic cutting board, which I really don't need, but they make good homewarming gifts when a friend sets up housekeeping for the first itme.

Last edited:
Grilled Cajun Lemon Tilapia, cheese rice and either broccoli or peas.
Mashed up all together like a true bachelor meal!!!!
(Wife is on vacation, LOL!)

since i had to work late last night, and i have a double saturday, dw said she needs a night off to get out of the house. so the boy and i will destroy the kitchen trying to feed ourselves. i doubt i'll have the time, or rather the ability to pay attention to the grill, so i'll have to cook indoors.

i'm thinking of the shrimp fra diavolo with spaghetti, and i'm gonna make a stuffed eggplant dish (with tweaks) that i caught on a recent episode of giada's show when she was in capri.
the eggplant is halved lengthwise, and the center trimmed out and cubed. some onion, garlic, and fennel is sweated in evoo, along with the cubes of eggplant. a few chopped plum tomatoes and a tbsp or 2 of capers are added, and the mix is stuffed back into the eggplant halves. drizzled with evoo, the halves are baked at 350 until soft.
i'll probably top one of the halves with toasted breadcumbs, the other with mozzarella, and see which one we prefer.

grilled chicken breasts topped with alfreado sauce on a bed of
fettucini ... sliced tomatoes ,cucumbers and onions marinated in
roasted red pepper italian dressing ...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom