What's for Dinner Thursday March 25?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bethzaring

Master Chef
I already made dinner(s) for today, LOL. I wasn't sure how the day will proceed so I got that chore out of the way. Yesterday I started a whole wheat no-knead pizza dough and baked two pizzas this morning. Both have home canned pizza sauce and provolone cheese, one has home made chevon sausage and the other smoked venison. The pizza pictured was the chevon sausage....also some yogurt I made yesterday.

What's cooking at your place?

Attachments

• DSCN1023.jpg
    DSCN1023.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 224
  • DSCN1029.jpg
    DSCN1029.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 223
Fine looking pizza, Beth!

We're having breakfast for dinner tonight. It may be a frittata or sausages, eggs, potatoes individually.

I'm having orange and avocado salad with chickpeas for dinner. Might throw in a couple of nuts too.

I'm completely obsessed with yogurt, could probably eat it for morning, lunch and breakfast! Would love to try and make it myself. Any chance you could publish the recipe you're using, Beth?

I have a couple of tubs of Brunswick Stew in the freezer from when I made my 10-quart batch. We'll one that tonight with the ubiquitous salad.

Beth, your pizza looks wonderful. Think of you guys often and sending up little prayers.;)

The Pizza really looks nice. I am trying turkish gyros tonight. It comes with fried potatoes onions, spicy rice, some salad and tzatziki of course. Let´s see how it tastes.

We have 2 of the grand kids and both daughters tonight.WHEEEEE
Making a roasted chicken,potatoes,sauteed mushrooms, dill tomatoes, and green salad. no dessert I won't have time
kadesma;)

We have 2 of the grand kids and both daughters tonight.WHEEEEE
Making a roasted chicken,potatoes,sauteed mushrooms, dill tomatoes, and green salad. no dessert I won't have time
kadesma;)

May I suggest Orange Crush Floats????:ROFLMAO:

The pizza looks great. We may have a light supper since we had seafood for lunch and it was more than we usually have for lunch.

What is this about orange crush floats? I haven't seen them.

grandson's b'day, he is 26. he is on medifast. so roasted chicken, spinach salad. mashed potatoes for rest of us. some green veg. making ice cream cone cupcakes for all but grandson . how boring is his food. "lean and green" course they sell bars, drinks etc. he has lost 25 pounds. many more to go.

The pizza looks great. We may have a light supper since we had seafood for lunch and it was more than we usually have for lunch.

What is this about orange crush floats? I haven't seen them.
They are so good. Patty1 said in a recent post something about them.Let's just say it's an inside joke, try an Orange crush and vanilla ice cream float...emmmmmm
kades

Beth, could you please share your whole wheat pizza dough recipe with us?

this is the recipe I look at, but I notice it now calls for 3 1/2 cups flour. Last year when I printed off this recipe, it called for 3 cups flour. I used 2 cups King Arthur Traditional whole wheat flour and 1 cup KA unbleached bread flour. Actually I usually use 1 c. semolina, 1 c. ww and 1 c. white, but I keep the semolina in the freezer and forgot to pull it from the freezer in time.

Personally, I'm sticking with using 3 cups flour.

No Knead Pizza Dough Recipe - Easiest No Knead Pizza Dough Recipe

I'm completely obsessed with yogurt, could probably eat it for morning, lunch and breakfast! Would love to try and make it myself. Any chance you could publish the recipe you're using, Beth?

There's probably a hundred ways to make yogurt. I have 32 years experience making it so I am sure that helps! I do have some tips in general. You will need a thermomoter.

First I heat a pot of water to boiling and sterilize all utensils and the container that will hold the milk/yogurt. (Tablespoon spoon and measuring cup)
Heat one quart or two quarts of milk to 180*F. Cool to 120*F. Spoon out 1 tablespoon of yogurt for each quart of milk, from the last batch and put that yogurt in one of the sterilized measuring cups with the sterlized table spoon. Dip out a few spoonfuls of cooled milk (120*F) and stir into the yogurt starter in the measuring cup. Stir until smooth. Then pour and stir this mixture back into the cooled milk. Gently stir well. Pour this mixture into your incubating container. Incubate for about 8 to 10 hours. Then carefully carry this yogurt to the refrigerator and let cool several hours. It seems to be important to let it chill undisturbed before using it, to keep it firm and not runny. I start the yogurt in the morning, incubate during the day, then place in the frig for overnight. Then first thing the next morning it is ready to use.

We are having porccupine balls and mashed potatoes, maybe a small spinach and sorrel salad. For dessert, a Patty inspired treat, Root Beer Floats!

The Pizza really looks nice. I am trying turkish gyros tonight. It comes with fried potatoes onions, spicy rice, some salad and tzatziki of course. Let´s see how it tastes.

I have not had much luck making gyros. Do you have a recipe?

Back
Top Bottom