What's for Dinner, Thursday, May 17?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PA Baker

Master Chef
It's supposed to rain for the next 3 days so I think we'll take advantage of the nice weather today and cook out. I think we'll make turkey burgers basted with some ginger soy sauce and topped with grilled pineapple. I'm not sure about sides yet, maybe roasted red potatoes. Or, there's always some fried rice left!:LOL: :rolleyes:

I think my DH is going to stop at Donahue's. It's a fish restaurant and fish market downstairs. However, we are going to order from the restaurant. Something we've never done and I don't even have a menu. So it's hard to decide. Maybe a haddock sandwich, cole slaw and not sure what else. If anyone orders from fish restaurants let me know any ideas. I know we all like different things, but it might get me thinking. So no cooking tonight. I'm food shopping tomorrow and planning next weeks meals right now.

I'm making beef tips and gravy with the last of the rib roast, garlic mashed potatoes, green beans, and carrot and raisin salad. Probably cantelope for dessert.

Have you seen that new Buffalo wing chicken sandwich at Wendy's? One of those, and a side salad, and a diet Coke to wash it all down.

Caine said:
Have you seen that new Buffalo wing chicken sandwich at Wendy's? One of those, and a side salad, and a diet Coke to wash it all down.

Hmm I might have to try that for lunch this week-end if I'm in the area where Wendy's is. I would rather go to McDonalds than any other fast food joint such as burgerking or Wendys. but, I'm always a sucker for trying something that is related to the word "Buffalo Wing". LOL :LOL:

We're having stuffed shells with homemade marinara that I made a few days ago, with salad mostly from the garden and garlic bread. And I have some bocconcini marinating that I'm going to toss on the salads.

When my mom lived in the Florida Keys, there was a seafood market/restaurant near her house that had the freshest fish right off the boat - yum. We'd get conch fritters with mustard sauce, fried grouper, cole slaw, and hush puppies.

There's one near where I live, too. When we order from there, I get a combo platter with a piece of sauteed flounder and sauteed scallops and shrimp with rice and green beans.

Last edited:
Steamed mussels in a white wine sauce tossed with pasta. Along side we'll have a spring salad with italian vinegrette. I have some fresh raspberries so I think I'll make a sauce with them to serve over some vanilla icecream.

Wow. I'm totally envious of everyone's dinners. I'm leaving potato skins for the crew at home along with a nice salad. They have to dine n dash to another dance competition tonight. I'm going to leave the makings for pita sandwiches available too in case the potato skins don't fill them up.

Something light tonight...soft tacos filled with chicken, cheese, fresh baby spinach, tomatoes, and salsa. Maybe some rice on the side for hubby.

Everyone's dinners sound really good! Gotgarlic, all that seafood talk is making me drewl! I haven't had conch fritters in years and I love them so much. I had them in the Bahamas and have never noticed anyone selling them here in Maine.

I've had hushpuppies, but the fish restaurant doesn't sell them. The one we are ordering from tonight. I doubt they have conch fritters. So far, I'm still thinking haddock sandwich on an onion roll and cole slaw. ;)

MY DH is working late and doesn't think he'll be able to stop at the fish restaurant. So I might be just ordering a buffalo chix pizza from this sub shop "yummy" and a sub for him. If he gets out earlier than he thinks...than he'll stop and get some fish sandwiches at the fish restaurant. So we'll see. Either which way, we are ordering out.

First post.
Cashew sesame chicken, rice and ??? For dessert we are having strawberry short cakes. The meal is missing something does anyone ahve a suggestion?

smith950 said:
First post.
Cashew sesame chicken, rice and ??? For dessert we are having strawberry short cakes. The meal is missing something does anyone ahve a suggestion?

green beans or asparagus maybe?

gosh havn't posted all day!!
ok so for lunch i had pizza (there was nothing in the caf. so for a change i went across the street for pizza) ...and let me tell you...it sucked!! the sauce was non existent and it was supposed to be a slice of cheese pizza and there was like no cheese on that thing!!:mad:

So I get home and my mom has gone off for the afternoon with an old friend, and I didn't feel like cooking (wasn't inspired by anything and anything that did inspire me had ingredients we didn't have) so guess what's for dinner???
we're ordering in a pizza from pizza pizza!:ROFLMAO::wacko:

yes it's true! but you know what? I think I'll survivor, I love pizza!!:chef:

Back
Top Bottom