What's for Dinner Thursday May 5/11?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alix

Everymom
Moderator Emeritus
Well, I've taken a chicken out to thaw for dinner. Its still a bit solid, I'll see if brining helps. If not...well...frozen pizza!

Good morning and happy Cinco de Mayo everyone,

Dinner tonight will be grilled prok chops, Mexican rice, and a nice big salad on the side.

Enjoy the day:chef:

Hmmm, dinner... good question.
Today is our 1 out of 15 days it is not expected to rain, so lots to do outside. I've already gotten the areas that I am landscaping this year sprayed with grass killer and the house and toybox sprayed for crawly things. I've got grass to mow and field to brush hog. It would be nice to get the truck washed, too. If the truck gets washed I'll make a trip into the grocery store and pick up some chicken wings for the grill. If not...

Either chicken nuggets or hamburger casserole. DS is stopping in on his way home from work tonight. He's to call and let me know which he wants for supper. Salads and green beans with either main dish.

Lots of prepping for weekend guests so something simple is on the menu. Not sure what it is yet, but may be take-out Chinese.

Making a sauce for pasta (probably pasta a la Chittarra) from Wild Gulf Shrimp, Ramps (YAY!!!!!) garlic and white wine.

and probably string beans for a veggie.

Making a sauce for pasta (probably pasta a la Chittarra) from Wild Gulf Shrimp, Ramps (YAY!!!!!) garlic and white wine.

and probably string beans for a veggie.

I envy you the ramps, have always wanted to try them but the ones we get down here, even in the pricy markets, look like junk.

Because I am not Mexican, I do not celebrate Cinco de Mayo. So it surprised me to find that it actually was Cinco de Mayo after I already planned my Spanish supper of El Pollo Chilindrón, Spanish rice, pan rustica Español, and a 2008 Tinto Figuero Ribera del Duero (yes, this Spanish chicken dish is best paired with red wine).

BTW, I don't celebrate St. Patrick's Day or Bastille Day either, because I am not Irish or French, respectively. I do however, celebrate the Lunar New Year because i am looney.

Lots of prepping for weekend guests so something simple is on the menu. Not sure what it is yet, but may be take-out Chinese.

Mmmmmm. Take out is some of the best food IMO. I'm going to BE a weekend guest at my sister's this weekend and I'm trying to think about what to take with me. I think I need to get baking!

Mmmmmm. Take out is some of the best food IMO. I'm going to BE a weekend guest at my sister's this weekend and I'm trying to think about what to take with me. I think I need to get baking!

I vote for lemon bars or lemon cake!

Mussels in the Carabba's style, a salad maybe, some good bread to soak up that mussel sauce, and a Ring of Fudge bundt cake. It's my birthday. Not quite my favorite meal but we had that a couple of weeks ago but a VERY close second.

The cake you made for Easter travels well.

The cake you made for Easter travels well.

I was actually thinking about that. I've never taken it anywhere as it usually gets inhaled so fast it only makes it from counter to table.

I vote for lemon bars or lemon cake!

Lemon bars are a pretty good possibility. I have a couple of lemons I could use and that is a quick recipe. Maybe I'll do both. Thanks guys!

Well it is a sort-of casserole (to use up stuff in the freezer and pantry) made with a can of corn, a can of peas, a can of turkey gravy, and some poultry seasoning topped with sliced turkey breast and then covered with stuffing. It is in the oven now. I'll let you know how it turns out in about 30 minutes...:ermm:

Update: It was pretty good actually. Definitely more turkey next time, maybe a thin layer of mashed potatoes on the bottom, and definitely a slightly larger casserole dish.

Last edited:
Beef Stroganoff, steamed and buttered carrots and Mama’s Peach Cobbler topped with French vanilla ice cream

img_996643_0_a4a6222fe279aa3a04987b55873df15b.jpg

img_996643_1_2c408304512075b6b4bece9a5d501d4e.jpg

Dinner was leftover lasagna. Dessert will be a bowl of cookies & cream ice cream with chopped pecans on top.:pig::angel:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom