What's for Dinner, Thursday Nov. 20th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
since I'm so sore today we decided on easy,,took several large slices of sour dough, brushed with butter put under the broiler and toasted one side..Flipped it over and added swiss cheese,onion powder and topped with salami, back under the broiler til cheese melted and got gooey and salami had a slight crispness around the edges..A bowl of corn chowder, some 7-up and we sat and ate and watched that stupid gladiator movie with Russell Crowe..Yippeeeeee dinner is over

kadesma

had a huge asian salad, one of those in the bag, with triscuits, new thin ones.(had a coupon for free box. yummy couple bites of chocolate cake, and diet seven up. needed quick after got home from hair cut.

this salad is so good. has fried wonton strips and dried cherrys , very tasty dressing.

My dh got creamed tuna on toast. Gosh, I can't remember the last time I made that. Trying to keep the food bill real lean.

Oh what a great comfort food........my mother use to make that and serve over rice, especially during Lent. I just may make that this weekend when dh won't be home. Thank you!

Barb

since I'm so sore today we decided on easy,,took several large slices of sour dough, brushed with butter put under the broiler and toasted one side..Flipped it over and added swiss cheese,onion powder and topped with salami, back under the broiler til cheese melted and got gooey and salami had a slight crispness around the edges..A bowl of corn chowder, some 7-up and we sat and ate and watched that stupid gladiator movie with Russell Crowe..Yippeeeeee dinner is over

kadesma

Ha ha I hear you!! Since I couldn't go bowling dh picked up
Chinese. It was good because I didn't have to cook!

Barb

I had a particularly painful physio session today and rested most of the afternoon. I had planned a great celebration dinner for DH because he starts work tomorrow and did his first aid ticket today, but really wasn't up for it so he brought home deluxe burgers from a little place around the corner called Vera's. It was delicious.

vera's? :huh:

did he look a little unkempt, maybe abused, but strangely satisfied when he got home?

please don't tell me that you ordered vera's bleu cheese burgers... :rolleyes:

ok, i'll stop. it's just too much good material. :)

we had takeout italian tonight, from a new place across town. it was pretty good. the owner is such a pleasent and friendly fellow that, along with the quality of the food, i think we've found a new regular place to order from.

we had salads with balsamic dressing, veal marsala, chicken sorrentino, a side of sauteed garlic with some broccoli :angel:, pasta, and my boy had pepperoni pizza.

vera's? :huh:

did he look a little unkempt, maybe abused, but strangely satisfied when he got home?

please don't tell me that you ordered vera's bleu cheese burgers... :rolleyes:

ok, i'll stop. it's just too much good material. :)

Bucky T, all I can say to that is eat this! (to the mods, it is clean, honest!)

Swordfish steaks in a pepper butter sauce with a mixed lettuce salad, herb vinagarette and toasted baguette slices with olive oil.

That sounds fantastic, could someone pm me the recipe???:chef:

I don't know how elaine makes hers, but the way my mom made it is very simple. 1 can cr. of celery soup, 1 can milk, 1-2 cans of tuna fish. Heat up and serve over toast or rice. You could also make a white sauce, add sauted onions and celery and serve.

Barb

Back
Top Bottom