What's for Dinner Thursday Sept. 10, 2009?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bethzaring

Master Chef
I will be finishing up leftovers; last nights potato etc skillet scramble, and some green beans with smoked ham. Sure would have liked to been at Uncle Bob's dinner table last night;)

What are you planning for tonight?

Clean out the fridge night here. We have a bit of soup, some taco meat, some roast beast...just bits of everything. We'll have a big salad and some steamed yellow beans maybe or perhaps some grilled zucchini. Thats what I want for dinner anyway. Amazing how satisfying zucchini is.

Shredded bbq chicken sandwiches with crunchy pickles on home-baked rolls, Corn on the cob, steamed green beans, and some sort of fruit - I bought an assortment of plums and a beautiful sugar baby watermelon at the farmers market yesterday, and some of the season's first honeycrisp apples from a farm stand. Not sure which we'll have.

lamb shoulder chops with a garlic lemon gravy, mini bowtie pasta with either a creamy garlic Béchamel sauce or a cheese sauce (bowties and cheese) and steamed buttered broccoli and/or carrots.

Last night I grilled a strip steak, and sauteed some onions and mushrooms.
Sliced up the steak, covered it with the saute and some cheddar cheese and
served on some "artisan" bread.
It was so good I am having another one tonight. MIght smoosh it in the panini grill
just for kicks.

Oh, and a salad so I can feel healthy, LOLOL!

...and a salad so I can feel healthy, LOLOL!

Oh, is that what salads are for? I always wondered. LOL!!! :LOL:

I'm having something unhealthful yet simple - red beans and rice.

Red beans: (beans, garlic, onion, diced smoked ham, celery, red bell pepper, thyme and a bay leaf.)

i feel yucky!! i am going to throw together some soup.

A salad of fresh garden tomatoes and red onion, dressed with red wine vinegar and olive oil.

Chicken thighs cooked in a coconut curry over jasmine rice.

The last piece of lemon chess pie with whipped cream.

I've got some huge sea scallops in the refridge. I've got an Asian/Indonesian flavor in my head. I think I'll make some brown jasmine rice, then stir-fry it with strips of red pepper, red onion, yellow squash, zucchini, and ginger. Perhaps add a spoonful of apricot jam for sweetness, some soy sauce, and lastly, a beaten egg.

I've got an heirloom cast iron pan that I'll get 500f hot in the oven. Brush the scallops with sesame oil and dab in some wasabi powder. I can't wait to hear the sear when those wasabi sesame scallops hit that cast iron. I don't even have to put the pan back in the oven. The residual heat will cook the scallops through. I'll turn them once, place on a new hot spot, then plate over the brown jasmine apricot fried rice.

...or maybe I'll change my mind by the time I get home and make Scallops Parmesan over spaghetti.

I love the all-day thought process of how I can combine what's already in my pantry for dinner tonight.

Chef Todd Mohr

Lunch:

Tortellini Soup

img_849939_0_55418b1f27a827e74500d08ed97671de.jpg

I love the all-day thought process of how I can combine what's already in my pantry for dinner tonight.

Me too! and howdy from a fellow Raleigh area DC member.

Me too! and howdy from a fellow Raleigh area DC member.
i do the same thing. start with one thing in mind and then the meal gets changed a thousand times and sometimes its what i started out making and sometimes it is totally different.

Shoot dat thang Miss Kath-A-Leen!!! Shoot up in there amongst it!!!:LOL:

I don't know Uncle she's a biggun!
btw did you see the vid I put up fer ya yesterday? *Eatin chocolate pie and cuttin chiken up to fry*

yesterday i cooked pork short ribs in crock pot with honey bbq sauce. shredded it and put on burger bun. gonna do same thing tonight. may or may not make anything else. maybe just a salad. want to make a hummingbird cake. have to wait til water is back on. they are working on pipes again. if not then maybe some choco chips cookies from swans. got my free ones this week end

Dinner:

Lamb shoulder chops with a garlic lemon gravy, mini bowties with cheese sauce and steamed buttered carrots.

img_849968_0_e725f49aa096fd350059a59549bfee74.jpg

Back
Top Bottom