What's for Dinner, Thursday Sept 18, 2008?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Chili.
With macaroni and cheese.
Why? Dunno, my wife requested it.
I can eat my chili on mac and cheese, no problem!
:)

yesterday's din din of snow crab mussels, & clams.
mussels & clams with a wine/garlic/butter sauce, snow crab with butter & lemon. belly's growling at me!!!

I was going to make Kung Pao chicken, but I'm out of some of the ingredients. *Confession--I'm out of the pre-made spice packets. But I'm still doing an Asian stir-fry. I'm serving the LDS missionaries who say the average weight gain for this mission area is 40-60lbs. Yikes! I thought I'd cook something light for them.

Chalupas ~ corn tostadas topped with refried beans, spiced up ground beef, Mexican blend cheeses, lettuce, diced tomatoes, guacamole, sour cream, Cholula hot sauce with a side of Spanish rice

I took some sauce out of the freezer so I guess it's pasta night. I would really like to send out for Chinese though.

Chili.
With macaroni and cheese.
Why? Dunno, my wife requested it.
I can eat my chili on mac and cheese, no problem!
:)

my Pap, (rest his soul), used to put chili over mashed 'taters. delish!
macaroni& cheese sounds yummy!!

Hot dogs and beans for my GF's grandsons and grilled fish for us.
I have a question about the grilled fish though which I'll post in the seafood section. Please help:)
Thanks,
John.

I think I'll take 'er easy tonight and use my last can of Hunt's spaghetti sauce which isn't very good, and make sketti.

I'm taking my Mom and her husband out for their 10th anniversary to a German restaurant.

Auf Wiedersehen!

I've had enough duck (fat) to last me awhile. (Made duck salad w pears last night with leftover duck from the Asian market). Found some meatballs in marinara sauce in the back of the fridge, I'd forgotten about. Gotta finish them up... so

Meatballs w marinara sauce & cheese-filled tortelinni salad w lotsa veggies, chunks of mozzarella & vinaigrette dressing.

took out frozen turkey fillets, they're thawing.
I'll do this, look good to me, with them.
I have frozen [from before vacation] my refried beans, and Mexican rice.
We'll finish those leftovers up, glad I froze them so they're good as new.
I know it sounds like it won't go together or too much carbs, but I'm pooped today.
Ok, so those foods are no longer here.
Our DS#1 was here for a few days and went freezer divin.
So, it'll be edemame, sp? with soy sauce as an appetizer.
My pilaf, cause it's really no effort and dh loves it.
Creamed peas with pearl onions in chive sauce.
Time to make iced tea, I'm thirsty...

Having chicken curry and naan here. I feel like baking a dessert, but not sure what.

Beer.
I had a big lunch at 2:00, a couple grilled hot dogs and a hamburger. Then I planted a tree. I don't really have much of an appetite yet, but I am thirsty ;)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom