What's for dinner today - Saturday, March 28th?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
we are going to a port tasting party tonight, this has turned out to be an annual event, complete with a banner..

this is held at the home of the best cook in the crowd....she usually does a fresh fish, tenderloin of some sort and a smoked poultry...we all bring sides....I have the responsibility to bring the breads...really looking forward to this event..

I haven't totally decided yet. I am still full from my huge lunch yesterday so likely something light. I think maybe a big chefs salad is in order.

I am putting a corned beef roast in the crock-pot with carrots, onion and celery. I don't have any cabbage, but that will still be good. With that, I'll have mashed potatoes and salads.... wheat bread-n-butter. I have a craving for that today, and it smells soooo good in here when it's been cooking for a few hours. :)

It looks like it's going to be a dreary day, so comfort food is in order.

I've been preping for today all week..We are giving my daughter a surprise birthday party..Lasagna, pesto pasta, tri-tip 3 ways, foccacia,shrimp platter with cocktail sauce,rice torta, stuffed onions,relish tray with a veggie dip, pickapeppea plate with sunflower seeds and sesame seed crackers. Salami and jack cheese plate,roasted garlic stuffed meat balls,romas stuffed with chicken salad, big fruit platter..Ice cream cake and I think that is plenty:LOL: Son in laws mom bringing a big tossed salad and some garlic bread.
kadesma

Last edited:
We're going to a benefit dinner and dance tonight, so I guess we're having whatever is on the buffet and draft beer:)

Tonight we splurge and order pizza from Pizza Hut. First meal from outside my kitchen in, gosh.... a month or more?
I plan on over-eating.

Kades, can I come?

I was going to have the steak we didn't have yesterday but no one is still feeling like anything heavy so it will wait until tomorrow and I will have to come up with something....soup, probably.

I think I'm going to be lazy and just open a can of clam chowder. It's been raining here for days and it just feels like the best thing to do. I cooked last night and DD didn't come home so it went to waste.

Tonight..
Broiled Sirloin(it's raining outside so no grilling), baked sweet potato, harvard beets, wine.

DH is making "grown up" chicken tenders with panko bread crumbs and some fancy spicy sauce and I have been kicked out of the kitchen til it's done. He made the Neely's recipe for peach ice cream for dessert. I can't wait to eat!!!

Back
Top Bottom