What's For Dinner Tonight 19th July 2013

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Love pappardelle! Sauces cling to them so nicely.

I'm cleaning out a few things from the 'fridge before shopping tomorrow (can't put the ad off any longer than that, but it should be a "cooler" 92 tomorrow) so I'll saute some mushrooms and garlic in a butter/oil mix, then add fresh basil and white wine to make a loose sauce. Mix into some kind of pasta noodle and top liberally with fresh microplaned parm and romano so that the cheese melt in really good. :yum: Salad, of course.

Yep, I have to agree with CG, pappardelle is a lovely pasta! And with some nice meatballs, that sounds like a lovely meal Kylie!:)

I made a Chicken, Peach and herb salad. Which turned out really well, though I had misgivings about slices of peach in a salad! The dressing had lots of lime zest and juice and the whole thing was served on a bed of couscous, along with feta, mint and dill.

I had some pizza dough in the fridge so I'm making a pizza. Tomato sauce, hamburger, chopped chicken and pepperoni, topped with a mix of Swiss, mozzarella, and cheddar cheese. Not much left for salads, only some lettuce, cheese and croutons but may go ahead and pull them out. Then again, there's ice cream in the freezer and I had salad for lunch.

Picked up some more corn, picked some more green beans, DH brought home baked beans and pasta salad left over from a work lunch, I think that will be it.

I had some pizza dough in the fridge so I'm making a pizza. Tomato sauce, hamburger, chopped chicken and pepperoni, topped with a mix of Swiss, mozzarella, and cheddar cheese. Not much left for salads, only some lettuce, cheese and croutons but may go ahead and pull them out. Then again, there's ice cream in the freezer and I had salad for lunch.

YUM, so love homemade pizza Jab...I like the sound of your toppings :yum:

For a change of pace, I made a shrimp ceviche with bruschetta for dinner tonight. Also some TJ's pork siu mai.

We went out looking for a truck for DH and ate dinner at Red Robin. It was not bad - I liked the burger. The fries could have been cooked a bit more. But not bad.

...The fries could have been cooked a bit more. But not bad.

When we moved the real estate agent I went out with would ask for her fries "well done" when we would eat at a casual restaurant. They always came out perfectly dark golden and crispy. :yum: I rarely eat fries but I need to remember this the next time I do.

I had a taste for bacon. REALLY wanted bacon. Figured it would go good in the pasta dish and looked to find something online. Had all the ingredients for this dish except creme fraiche. Substituted plain Greek yogurt and it tasted just fine. Like "second helping" fine. :pig: Thanks to the international flavour here at DC I didn't even have to google a "rasher of bacon". ;)

Tonight is a mixed green salad with chickpeas, and toasted everything bagels with cream cheese.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom