What's For Dinner Tonight 28th September?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kylie1969

Chef Extraordinaire
We have just made a lovely meat pie with shortcrust pastry on the bottom and puff pastry on the top and served it with chips..it was lovely, best pie I have ever made :chef:

Pasta. I'm defrosting some tomato sauce with meatballs. we'll have it with spaghetti or penne.

Butternut squash ravioli (made by Prima - stuffed w/ butternut squash, sweet potato & ricotta), topped w/ brown butter sage sauce & gingersnap cookie crumbs (couldn't find amaretti cookies), haricot verts on the side. Tiramisu cake from the bakery.

Mushroom ans sauteed OnionsPizza from Santarpio's. New England's #1 Pizza! Real thin crispy slightly burnt crust with cornmeal on the bottom. :angel:

We will be eating at our friends' house tonight. It is James's birthday so she is making spaghetti. Susan and Tom ordered an ice cream cake. We are having a little theme party for him, and since he just turned 5 again, I know he will love it (so will we!). In case he reads this, I don't want to give away the theme, but I will say that we will be watching the new Avengers movie after dinner. ;);)

We have just made a lovely meat pie with shortcrust pastry on the bottom and puff pastry on the top and served it with chips..it was lovely, best pie I have ever made :chef:
Kylie, your meat pie sounds delicious - I have never combined crusts before but that makes sense together! What kind of meat did you use? Do you use veggies in your pies? Sorry for all the questions! :)

I am not sure what I am making for our early dinner - it will probably be fairly light. DH is taking the rest of the chicken fingers from yesterday to work (not in the bus today so he can heat them up). He is so happy when there is something he loves that is safe for him to eat - warms my heart to see him dig in! :wub:

I am thinking some form of salad but that is as far as I have got. I have two hours! :LOL:

That meat pie does sound good. It makes me want to make a cottage pie with mashed taters on top. Easier for me than pastry or working with dough.

Kylie, your meat pie sounds delicious - I have never combined crusts before but that makes sense together! What kind of meat did you use? Do you use veggies in your pies? Sorry for all the questions! :)

LP, it is a very simple pie using beef mince, but next time we are going to make one with chunks of beef too...we like both varieties :)

This one didnt have any vegetables in it, only onion, but you can add potatoes and carrots if you like...it also has a bit of Vegemite in it, for the salt factor, or you could use soy sauce

Yes the combined crusts are so tasty, the shortcrust on the bottom tastes wonderful and then you get the crunchiness of the puff on top and the meat and gravy inside were delicious :yum:

I broke down and made poutine around 3:00. I have resisted making poutine with chicken-beef gravy for days, but my will power caved and I said "to heck with it--I can only be good for so long." Those freshly dug potatoes I brought back from the farm on Wednesday were begging to be made into poutine. Nothing else tonight except maybe some raw veggie sticks with the leftover dip from last night.

We're having Thai Gaeng Dang curry with beef, bamboo shoots, and basil.
Well, instead of the curry, we decided to finish up the chili I made Wednesday. By the way, this was Bobby Flay's recipe, which contains a number of unusual ingredients, including beer, two ounces of bittersweet chocolate, maple syrup, and several varieties of chiles. Definitely a winner. Paired with a real nice homemade brew that was made by my nephew.

img_1190191_0_b2617b79148c3b2d61e840c38c98beb5.jpg

Poutine would sure hit the spot. It's starting to get brisk weather-wise around here lately. I'll have to see if the local store still carries those vacuum sealed curds.

Everybody's dinners sure look and sound really good today.

I made sausage patties and cornmeal waffles. I bought (bought !?!) some small zucchinis, thinking to grate one into the waffle batter, but I forgot to do this.

Mushroom ans sauteed OnionsPizza from Santarpio's. New England's #1 Pizza! Real thin crispy slightly burnt crust with cornmeal on the bottom. :angel:

My son showed up with the pizza. I am so P.O.'d at myself. I was looking so forward to it. And all I could eat was two pieces. My son ate the other six pieces. But what I did eat was soooo goood!. :angel:

I stewed some tomatoes from the garden with onion, celery and basil. I divided that into two individual casseroles and topped them with buttered Panko bread crumbs mixed with grated cheese and broiled the tops till golden. Browned and steamed Knockwurst on a bed of sauerkraut finished the meal.

Back
Top Bottom