What's for dinner tonight? 4/9/08, Wed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LEFSElover

Executive Chef
I bought some fish at the market yesterday, on sale, cod.
Watched RR the other day and enjoyed her version of fish tacos. I have ''all else'', the flour torts/avocado/sour cream/cabbage, so I'm doing those for dinner.

These are for dessert, never made them, I have more yeast than I do brains, so it's time to use some up. Hope they turn out, they look and sound wonderful Just googled a good sounding recipe until I came up with one that suited my fancy...

So what'r'u makin?​

I'm DEFINATELY making the corn chowder that I skipped yesterday. I even cut up my onions already and potatoes and have them just hangin out in the fridge in water so i can start cookin when i feel like it!

Oh gosh I don't know. I have to work from 1 to 9 so I won't be cooking tonight.
I guess it's going to be a "fend for yourself" dinner. So more than likely it will be soup or salad when I get home.

I am going to roast a chicken.... never roasted a whole one before usually just the pieces. I hope it goes well. Think I have picked up enough tips from browsing around here to do a sweet job with it. I am going to use fennel carrots potatos and white wine. and make a stuffing out of potato pear and garlic. Wish me luck.

I made the soup yesterday but... we ended up eating "healthy" pizza. So, soup tonight.

Have a foccacia baking, will make roast beef pannini's with arugula,provolone, horseradish, with an au jus, DH asked for some potatoe salad so that is in the works using yukon golds, I want a green salad so will put together a small green salad..making peach cobbler with vanilla ice cream for dessert...

kadesma ;)

Have cooked chicken leftover from tacos last night- Making a mexican chicken casserole with cornbread topper, spanish rice and a tossed salad.

Last edited:
Wish me luck.
you won't need it, you're well on your way..........
I am not a fennel lover but all else sounds perfect. adore the pear idea...
Do you have a thermometer for the chicken to check for doneness?
Rosemary is a good thing to toss into the cavity as well as lemons sprinkled with a bit of cinnamon................
let us know how it turns out..............

:chef:It's grillin' time - chops w/orange-basil-chipotele sauce--squash,onion,red pepper w/oyster sauce glaze--peaches and yes...hand-cranked 'nilla ice cream...

:chef:It's grillin' time

UGH I am jealous we had one nice day last weekend and I broke out the grill but now UGH dreary and cold I am sick of it

you won't need it, you're well on your way..........
I am not a fennel lover but all else sounds perfect. adore the pear idea...
Do you have a thermometer for the chicken to check for doneness?
Rosemary is a good thing to toss into the cavity as well as lemons sprinkled with a bit of cinnamon................
let us know how it turns out..............

Thanks for the vote of confidence....well the Fennel is out as I did not make it to the market at lunch becasue I had to go to the bank :(

So I am gonna have to make it with whatever I have at home:wacko:. No thermometer but it has a popper.

I am going to roast a chicken.... never roasted a whole one before usually just the pieces. I hope it goes well. Think I have picked up enough tips from browsing around here to do a sweet job with it. I am going to use fennel carrots potatos and white wine. and make a stuffing out of potato pear and garlic. Wish me luck.
:chef:Glad you feel confident enough to 'go for it'-hope you are stuffed;)

Shrimp tempura, Stir fry veggies (sugar snap peas, onions, mushrooms, carrots), rice & Miso soup.

I'm not cooking tonight!!! I made myself do something I didn't want to this morning so I'm rewarding myself with a little trip to the coast so it will be a seafood restaurant tonight!

Back
Top Bottom