What's for Dinner Tonight?? (Saturday 15 March 2007)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bilby

Executive Chef
While I still have the taste of my dinner in my mouth, I thought I would start the new thread.

As I am off to a BBQ tomorrow lunch, cooking has been on my mind all day as I want to get started on my dishes for tomorrow. Unfortunately they are the sort that need to be done just before serving and as it is an hour's drive to the BBQ, nothing could be done today. So I ended up cooking bits and pieces on and off today. From this, dinner tonight was Prawns with Pesto, with Potato, Egg and Olive salad (in mayo - but not much) and some cherry tomatoes. It wasn't what I planned for tonight but it was very tasty and filling. Very happy now!!!:)

What are you going to have?

I'm going to roast a boston butt, make baby red potato salad, maybe some cole slaw, garlic bread and strawberries for dessert.

another saturday, yet another double shift. :(

but this is my last one for a few weeks. i begged out of next week, so i could be home for egg dying and basket making, and all of the other pagan rituals that make christianity fun.
then, i'll be on midnights for a few weeks.

soooo, tonight'll probably be souvlaki at midnight, or maybe pizza with raw onions and sriracha.

Battered cod (for me), chicken breast for DH, fries, onion straws, tossed salad and garlic buns.

Last edited:
another saturday, yet another double shift. :(

but this is my last one for a few weeks. i begged out of next week, so i could be home for egg dying and basket making, and all of the other pagan rituals that make christianity fun.
then, i'll be on midnights for a few weeks.

soooo, tonight'll probably be souvlaki at midnight, or maybe pizza with raw onions and sriracha.

Sushi..............sushi...................sushi.........................sushi.............
pretend that I'm sitting at the table pounding my forks and knives on both sides of me and chanting for the edible delight that I want now, but alas, I must wait until dinner time for that taste treat. In Vancouver, I have my choice of many a place but I'll stick to the one from last week, 'that' good...

Hey there Buck, did you clear out some room in your mailbox for a PM?

dinner guests tonight who like to watch and help cook so the main will be paella (free range chix, garlic and chorizo sausages, clams shrimp and squidlettes, salad "tre colore" dijon bluecheese and bacon vinaigrette, crepes with berries for desert, and baked brie, saga, and white bean dip for starters.

Yay, finally I am being taken out for dinner!!!!!!!!!

DH's work is finally getting around to their staff Christmas dinner tonight at a nearby restaurant. Don't know what I will have, but it is sure nice that I can order from a menu instead of doing the cooking!

By the way, I did not mix up Christmas with Easter.... it IS their Christmas dinner...for 2007.

As a kid, we celebrated St. Joseph's day with a traditional sicillian meal. Never cared for it much as a kid, but now, I look forward to making it every year. Since St. Joseph's day, (the 19th of March) falls on a weekday, and since I never cook at home during the week:ermm:, we're having the dinner tonight.

First course - stuffed baby zucchini

Second - pasta con finocchio e sarde (pasta with fennel and sardines). This is the dish we always ate on the 19th. The fennel and sardines are sauteed with raisins and pignoli nuts with a bit of chopped tomato and wine. The pasta has to be pericatelli shaped. It's like a spaghetti, only thicker, and hollow. Then, the entire plate is topped with toasted, seasoned breadcrumbs. It's magnificent.

Third - Pan seared pompano with mushrooms and parsley butter.

Dessert is traditional St. Joseph zeppoles and sphinge.

Mmm mmmm....

I believe we're beginning with 1792 Bourbon, and we have a wine from the Puglia region of Italy for dinner.

happy st. joe's v.b.! :)

i'm a little afraid to ask; what's sphinge?

lefse, got your pm, thanks.

Back
Top Bottom