What's for dinner tonight - Sunday 24 March 2019

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

foodlover10

Assistant Cook
Greek Orange Roast Lamb with roast spuds,roast kumara,roast pumpkin,glazed baby carrots,peas,corn and of course homemade gravy. Still a bit warm for a roast but was craving one, roll on winter for all those comfort food meals:yum:

Lunch plate:

Rotisserie chicken breast, Baby Genoa Salami, Black Berries, Raspberries, Strawberries, Cottage Cheese (drizzled with honey).

lunch_plate_032419_IMG_5525.jpg

Still not sure what dinner will be.

Trying a new recipe: Creamy French Onion Sausage Pasta. I'll let you know how it turned out.

I think dinner may be Australian lamb loin chops (on sale $5.99/lb.), steamed broccoli & carrots, creamy garlic tiny shells & pan jus/gravy.

Well it is now Monday 25 March here and tonight i am making Chicken,Leek and Bacon Pie, one of my favs, will serve with fully loaded mashed spud and corn on the cob

It’s only 6pm Sunday here. My dinner is cooking.

I’ll will post Monday meal tomorrow when I figure out what it will be. :angel:

Dinner was Australian lamb loin chops (browned then braised in lemon juice, water, fresh garlic, gravy master & fresh rosemary), steamed broccoli, tiny shells in a homemade creamy garlic sauce & thickened pan jus.

lamb_032419_IMG_5530.jpg

Trying a new recipe: Creamy French Onion Sausage Pasta. I'll let you know how it turned out.

Turned out SO was not pleased. I asked her what was wrong with it and she said too much sauce for the amount of pasta. It would be better if the pasta (or rice) was cooked separately and the sauce was spooned onto it.

"If I did that, then I should make it again?" "No, not really."

So the recipe goes in the trash and I have a few lunches in my future.

Last edited:
I sure do love this dinner thread. :ohmy::yum::chef:
I had pan seared scallops drizzled with garlic lemon butter, and steamed broccoli.

Attachments

• Scallops and broccoli.jpg
    Scallops and broccoli.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 176
I really enjoy looking at our own DC recipes for meal planning and came across one that I've been wanting to try for a long time. Sadly, Bossman didn't stick around long, but I'm doing this recipe of his tonight. It sounds soooo good.
http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f49/ranch-pork-chops-w-sauerkraut-dressing-98407.html

For just the two of us, I cut the recipe in half, and added some fresh diced apple to the kraut cornbread dressing. I thought the sauce for the chops would break, but I did it anyway, and it did. With some changes, I'll do it again. :yum: Quite tasty.

Attachments

• P3240006[1].jpg
    P3240006[1].jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 138
We grilled chicken cutlets marinated in za'atar, lemon juice, olive oil and a bit of water. I also cooked frozen steak fries in the convection toaster oven and tossed them with za'atar, and made salads.
0324191956b.jpg

Wow, a bunch of good looking suppers.

We had Italian sausages. salad, and fried sunchokes. It was good. I'm just learning to use sunchokes. Some of the slices were a bit undercooked. I'll get it with a few tries.

Attachments

• IMG_20190324_193723.jpg
    IMG_20190324_193723.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 117
Back
Top Bottom