What's for dinner tonight? Thursday 1/12

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LEFSElover

Executive Chef
Good day to everyone.
I went to the market yesterday to fill up my freezer. Many meats I bought and veggies and fruits. Tonight, it's chicken thighs marinating in soy/ginger/honey/oj concentrate/s&p. I'll bake them off and do a fresh fruit salad with dinner. Grapefruit/apples (red and green) oranges/pineapples/mango/strawberrys. Grapefruit viniagarette over all the fruit. Hubby will get stuffed baked potato but I'll only smell his. Lot's of iced water for our/my beverage.

How bout you? Cooking anything?

hamburger helper, yipee {sarcasm}
DH is still being a jerk and no more take out, so, I'm cooking on my day off now too.

??? I suppose
I"ll be cooking.

I have some chili in the freezer... maybe I'll just feed Paulie that.

texasgirl said:
hamburger helper, yipee {sarcasm}
DH is still being a jerk and no more take out, so, I'm cooking on my day off now too.

What's up with dh?! I say, make him fix his own dinner.
Don't know what we'll be having, probably leftover pizza. Hopefully I'll make my orange double choc chip cookies today, if I can manage to take both the kids to the store and have them content while I make them.:wacko: Which is a lot harder than it seems:)

We're going to Outback - my swan song before a heap big diet. After going to the doctor this morning (and getting my weight checked) it is HIGH time to get in earnest about a really good healthy plan.

licia said:
We're going to Outback - my swan song before a heap big diet. After going to the doctor this morning (and getting my weight checked) it is HIGH time to get in earnest about a really good healthy plan.

I need to do the same, but, dh won't help! He says, why should I have to eat like that just because you are. #@%^$#&:furious:

I don't know that my dh is that much help, but he does mention much of what goes in my mouth. I think he is getting rather good at calorie counting (mine, only). I've decided that whatever happens, I'm the one it all affects so I've got to make changes NOW. I weigh more than I ever did pregnant. I thought that was pretty awful.

texasgirl said:
I need to do the same, but, dh won't help! He says, why should I have to eat like that just because you are. #@%^$#&:furious:

How about because he's your husband and should support
you in all you do? Sounds like he needs a kick in the butt.:)

I decided to make a beefy french onion soup.
I'd like to serve it in the onion bowls that Mish posted the other
day but... I don't have enough onions..so it'll just be in bowls. I don't
have any bread for the top either so it'll be rather boring onion soup. But LOL I'll suffer though the pain of eating it.

I'll prolly have a couple of Grey Goose martinis, dry and dirty. Other than that, there's no food in the house other than eggs unless I do some baking. I killed off the last of the banana bread this morning for breakfast.

corazon90 said:
Hopefully I'll make my orange double choc chip cookies today, if I can manage to take both the kids to the store and have them content while I make them.:wacko: Which is a lot harder than it seems:)

I admire you for trying! I've temporarily retired my baking sheets, at least for a few months:( ! Sofie still isn't naping much so she's keeping me on my toes!:) If you're able to make them, eat a few for me!

We're having grilled ham steak, broccoli and brown rice.

texasgirl said:
Texas, I learned never to say the word diet when any family member was present!!! I got tired of having people look me over like a piece of meat that they were trying to judge it's weight or they would sit down to dinner with me and then go ahemm or twitch in their seat with each forkful, thenwould come the question, that ok on YOUR diet??? Soo, I would fix dinner for all of us, adding several extras for DH and kids, then I'd fix my plate with MY sized portions and wander off to read that great book I got yesterday:LOL: They never did get the drift...Now I don't have to do that anymore, I've stabilizd and stay pretty much at the same weight all the time..So fix the meal, put it on the table..Here it is guys, eat it or leave it, your choice!!!:LOL: Don't let em frazzle ya or make you angry, just do for you and let them eat the same thing, if they don't want it, there's the kitchen, please clean up any mess you make!!!:ROFLMAO:

kadesma

We are just having pork Milanese sandwiches, a fruit salad and an artichoke each..I made some panna cotta and that's our dessert...

kadesma:)

Hotdogs and hashbrowns for me. My last hurrah before I starting eating healthier. I went to the doctor and I must really get into more healthier eating. She says that I do pretty well. I just need to do better, especially with portion control.

Back
Top Bottom