What's For Dinner, Tues. May 15

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Barb L.

Master Chef
I am making pulled pork taco's with all the fixins', spanish rice and refried beans with cheddar cheese. Cake and ice cream for dessert.

Last edited:
makin a kinda spinach, asparagus and ham casserole, along with a slice of leftover quiche and a bit of NY Times bread.

Last edited:
lsat night had Montreal smoked meat (brisket) hot on rye with gouda and mustard, grilled. side of sauteed chard. THis meat is outrageous...real peppery and smokey. TOnight gonna have it hot again, on rye with lettuce and "dijonaise" not grilled, and Tomato soup.

gonna chop some up for a dip, and save some for adding to greens for flavoring, and freeze the rest for the time being. Canada, eh!

Tonight we're having an eye of the round roast,rubbed when almost done with mashed roasted garlic, roasted baby yukons, eggplant sandwiches with melted butter,lemon and some white wine sauce to spoon on top, chopped romaine,frisee,and some iceberg,chopped tomatoes,cucumber, fresh mint,fresh basil, avocado,sweet onion,evoo and red wine vinegar.Dessert, Katie E's devils food cake and vanilla ice cream.

kadesma:)

I just had a tooth extracted and have to be on a soft diet.

I think i'm making chicken francese over egg noodles and spagetti squash.
I'm not sure if if I can eat the chicken, If I cut it up real small and eat on the other side of my mouth, I might be able to.

I want to make a salad, but not sure if I should eat salads?
It says soft diet is advisable for 2-3 days and avoid crunchy/crusty seedy foods. The salad would consist of lettuce, tomatoe, red onion, maybe some cut up yellow peppers, cheese and dressing.

I brought leftover rotini and sausages for lunch again today, so I will most likely be eating a salad for supper again.

I really feel ridiculous eating salad and sipping San Pellegrino while watching the hockey playoffs though. I feel like I should be eating hot dogs, french fries, chicken wings, pizza, and beef on weck, while washing it all down with a frosted mug of DRAFT BEER!

going to the dentist this afternoon... I'll be in a nice percocet haze tonight.
Paul's on his own for dinner. I expect he'll go to the gym and then stop by burger king on the way home.

Kads, your eggplant sandwiches sound wonderful! In an attempt to finish up the leftover veggies and meat in our fridge I've probably made even more leftovers:rolleyes: :LOL: by making a huge mess of fried rice. It has steak, chicken, soy beans, corn, carrots, peas, broccoli, garlic, some grated fresh ginger and squash in it.

Pa, thank you:) Now, what time is dinner? Yours sounds so good...

kadesma

I had a bowl of muesli with almond milk cause I'm running out of food since we leave on holiday Thursday! YAY!

We are having a cool and rainy day today, so I am making beef stew in the crockpot. With that we are having a lettuce salad. And for desert I baked a cake.

today's dinner may be a pastry shell type too.
I have so much cheese, so much meat that's been cooked and can be used, that I think it'll be a quiche or meat/cheese/vegetables in pie shell, bake and cut into.
last night's dinner left me leftover wiener snitzel (sp?).
I can cut it up, and add cheese, sauce, chunked veggies etc and make really good dinner <(<that goes with the saying>)> "waste not...want not".....:)

Last edited:
Ex BIL went wild hog hunting and brought me back a care package!
So, I'm cooking wild pig ribs on the grill with corn on the cob and probably some cole slaw from the pub down the road.

Originally Posted by pdswife
I expect he'll go to the gym and then stop by burger king on the way home.

Caine said:
Geez, talk about a conflict of interest!

Not necessarily ;) Burger King burgers are broiled, so the fat drips away. If you get one without cheese, mayo, bacon, etc., they're fine (I get mine with mustard, ketchup and pickles). Salad on the side instead of fries and it's relatively healthy fast food.

Ours will be burgers and dogs on the grill. That was last night’s plan but I spent until sunset replacing a pump motor on our pool filter. It worked for about 10 minutes and then stopped.

Project for tonight is to fix whatever went wrong last night in time to cook some food before darkness sets in and 28K gallons of water turn into a stagnant green sludge.

GotGarlic said:
Not necessarily ;) Burger King burgers are broiled, so the fat drips away. If you get one without cheese, mayo, bacon, etc., they're fine (I get mine with mustard, ketchup and pickles). Salad on the side instead of fries and it's relatively healthy fast food.

Even though Burger King burgers are broiled, the finished product has more fat content than the comparable McDonald's burger, and I do not, in any way shape or form, promote those, either!

Back
Top Bottom