What's For Dinner, Tuesday, 04/24/07?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
kadesma said:
I made Mish's Tomaote Pie, and a tossed green salad with smoked peppered salmon in it...dessert is molasses crisps, topped with vanilla ice cream and topped with another crisp...
kadesma

Yum, I like the sound of your smoked peppered salmon salad. (Great idea as a side to the tomato pie.) Would love your recipe;)

I've been eating salad, salad & more salad & fruit - bathing suit season is just around the corner :ohmy: so I'm watching what I eat. Taking a small break tonight - defrosting the leftover roast I made, slicing it up, adding tomatoes, swiss cheese and the onions from the roast - folding it over in a flour tortilla with honey dijon mustard - heating it up in the oven till the cheese is melted - a green leafy salad on the side & cantaloupe/honeydew/red & green grapes fruit salad for dessert.

mish said:
Yum, I like the sound of your smoked peppered salmon salad. (Great idea as a side to the tomato pie.) Would love your recipe;)

I've been eating salad, salad & more salad & fruit - bathing suit season is just around the corner :ohmy: so I'm watching what I eat. Taking a small break tonight - defrosting the leftover roast I made, slicing it up, adding tomatoes, swiss cheese and the onions from the roast - folding it over in a flour tortilla with honey dijon mustard - heating it up in the oven till the cheese is melted - a green leafy salad on the side & cantaloupe/honeydew/red & green grapes fruit salad for dessert.
Mish,
I just bought some mixed greens the baby kind, then I picked out a piece of peppered smoked salmon from the fish department, made an evoo, rice wine vinegar with a touch of honey dressing and poured that over the salad, added some vidalia onion,avocado, grape tomatoes and the salmon in good sized pieces. It tasted pretty good. I did have some fun with the tomatoe pie, after going to the store, on the way home I felt kind of funny, but didn't think to much of it. I got home started putting things away and putting the pie together. Found I'd forgotten the mozz..Now, I'm feeling shakey and realize my blood glucose is taking a nose dive, so I have 2 0z. of juice..and continue making the pie, but when I get like this I DO NOT drive, so I dug out some brie and used that in place of the mozz,instead of going back to the store, but the tomatoe pie was so good. We ate every bit of it...Thanks for a great dinner.

kadesma:)

Oh, my. I hope you are feeling better. The salmon salad sounds wondeerful. I think I may have a small piece of salmon waaaay in the back of the freezer lol. All I need is an avo. :) I was looking at this salmon w maple syrup recipe today, but I'll save it for another day. Maple-Smoked Salmon Fillets

Thank you.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom