What's For Dinner, Tuesday, 04/24/07?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My parents are taking us out to dinner for my birthday. It's a few days early but it's the only day we could all get together. I'm not sure where we're going yet--there are several places I'd like to try, but I need to ensure that it's kid-friendly so that narrows the field an awful lot!:LOL:

Beef tortellini, garlic bread, and a salad with Romaine, Thousand Island , shredded cheddar and monterey jack, and Caesar salad croutons from a box (Marie Calender).

Add a piece of that cherry pie I bought last week to the above list. :D

Last edited:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY PA baker!!!

I'm on my lonesome tonight....I'm having a fruit platter and a bellini. This is Pimms weather and I feel like a real "English abroad" if I had some Pimms I could just put the fruit in the glass and it would have been supper! (HEY, I think I'm spending to much time near Vera and Uncle Bob!)I'll be drinking bourbon before I know it.

As of now (very changeable person), Iam thinking of Meatball Subs,(trying Rachael Ray's recipe), corn on the cob, salad and cantaloupe w/s&p for dessert.

See, now I have decided, Burgers on the grill, corn on the cob, tomatoes,vidalia onions,& cuke salad and the cantaloupe !

Last edited:
I made a roast pork tenderloin for last night's dinner and we only ate the small side, so tonight I will make garlic mashed potatoes and fresh asparagus and some kind of salad to go with the rest of the pork tenderloin. No idea what dessert will be - fruit probably. I bought some wonderful mangoes.

I think I'll make some French onion soup. It's still soup weather here...

I've got errands to do after work so we'll be having leftover pork loin again. I'll whip up some Minute Rice Mexican rice and some frozen veggies as sides.

No dessert since dinner will be so late we won't need those extra calories.

Linda

:flowers: PABaker, Happy Birthday wishes dear one..........

Fancy Fake-Out | Rachael Ray Show
looked good to me today watching RR on her show.
with Uncle Bob's recipe for his famous Hush Puppies, and a sauteed cabbage with garlic and butter, s&p, and a huge old beefsteak tomato sliced with Tuscan balsamic and evoo, that'll be dinner.
if I get enthused in the kitchen, I may also attempt pumpkin bars for dessert for the man of mine.

Last edited:
It is about 1:45PM here and I think I will make a large breakfast for dinner. I will made a cheese omelet, hash brown potatoes, tomatoes and some pancakes.

One of the local markets here had lovely large wild-caught Gulf shrimp at a good price, so I bought a pound & now have them baking briefly in a "Shrimp Parmagian". I sauteed them until "just before done" in some extra-virgin olive oil, then layered them in 2 individual gratin dishes ala pasta sauce, grated mozzarella, shrimp, pasta sauce, grated mozzarella. Will serve with a nice green salad.

I made Mish's Tomaote Pie, and a tossed green salad with smoked peppered salmon in it...dessert is molasses crisps, topped with vanilla ice cream and topped with another crisp...
kadesma

We're planning on shrimp scampi, tossed green salad and garlic parm bread to soak up those shrimp juices. Peach pie for dessert.

Back
Top Bottom