What's for dinner? Tuesday 2-23-16

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cheryl J

Chef Extraordinaire
I'll be having a simple dinner this afternoon - pan seared sea scallops and roasted asparagus. Maybe a bowl of watermelon afterwards.

What's on everyone's plate today? :chef:

The other day I bought a jar of Thai Green Curry simmer sauce. I'm going to try it with some pork I rescued from the freezer and assorted veggies.

My Norpro vertical roasting rack arrived a few days ago, so it will be "beer can" roast chicken tonight, minus the beer can. I don't drink canned beer, and the roasting rack looks a lot more stable than balancing a whole chicken on a can in the oven. Mashed taters and broc on the side.

A salad with blue cheese dressing, blackened steak, dry fried criminis, arugula, red onion and for me pepperdews.:yum:

I coulda' sware the kids were giving me the fish eye from behind when my hand hovered near the tuna in the cupboard. I was reaching for a can of Manwich, so they went back to showing total disinterest, tho probably with one eye peeled just in case I changed my mind. It's sloppy joe night. Cole slaw and a wee slice of apple pie for dessert.

Salad and undecided what else to eat.
salad greens, avocado, tomato, tuna & orange w/ tajin & mango sauce.

img_1456675_0_4ee03c4ca1866bf7c2a46ddb3ec682e8.jpg

My Norpro vertical roasting rack arrived a few days ago, so it will be "beer can" roast chicken tonight, minus the beer can. I don't drink canned beer, and the roasting rack looks a lot more stable than balancing a whole chicken on a can in the oven. Mashed taters and broc on the side.

I don't like beer at all, so I like to put white wine, garlic and fresh thyme or rosemary in mine.

I made a Mexican-style chicken/tomato soup tonight. Served it with a cheese quesadilla. Also made sour cream sauce with cilantro and lime juice and zest.

Attachments

• 1456276284085.jpg
    1456276284085.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 174
Last edited:
Beautiful pics Joey and GG. :yum: Everyone's dinners sound so good this evening.

I had a light dinner of pan seared scallops, simply done with just s and p, and lemon juice. The scallops were wonderful - sweet and tender. Roasted asparagus on the side.

Attachments

• 009.jpg
    009.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 164
Last edited:
Oh boy, you seared those scallops just perfectly Cheryl.
Andy, did you like that simmer sauce?

We got to babysit little Cheyenne at her house this afternoon so we went to our favorite Cafe' for dinner before we headed back home. I had perfectly cooked pink calf liver with onions, bacon, and apples slices and even the mixed veggies were cooked perfectly. SC had a good Taco Salad. They fill our wine glasses so full it's hard to believe they can walk when they carry them. Love that!

Kind of a lazy day today. Slept in a bit and got a late start to going grocery shopping, which caused me to get home quite late in the afternoon.

In view of the loose schedule, our supper was a bit of "clean out the fridge" with pan-fried pork sausage as the entree. We finished the leftover freezer corn and made a sizeable dent in the leftover braised red cabbage.

Our market had a special on house bulk pork sausage and I decided to try it. Very, very good. I should have bought more.

TB had a grilled steak with raw veggies. I didn't really eat because my morning smoothie is really filling me up! I am now making a tuna melt with micro greens salad.

Leftover broccoli beer cheese soup. I have a real problem cooking for two, I tend to cook for eight or more.

I would like a bite of S&P's, GG's, and Cheryl's meals, please.

Last edited:
The other day I bought a jar of Thai Green Curry simmer sauce. I'm going to try it with some pork I rescued from the freezer and assorted veggies.

Tonight's dinner was a hit with both of us. We can add it to the rotation. However, it is kinda mild and needed a fair amount of salt. I'd add some green chilies next time. I only used half the jar.

Since the Balsamic pork roast made 4 portions and I have to eat them all, I am pork roasted out after already eating 2 portions in 2 days. Note to self: cut up pork roast next time! So tonight I am just having hot dogs cooked under the broiler.

I'd freeze the pork, but I don't think the baked potatoes would freeze very well.

Sounds like good cookin' across the country. We are rock stars in our kitchens!

I had a package of shrimp crying for release from the freezer, so I used them for my maiden attempt at shrimp tacos. Made a really yummy Baja sauce to dress the tacos with. It was a bit on the mild side, so I nearly doubled the seasonings. Made a small batch of black beans and rice, too. Added in some of the grilled corn that Himself made this summer and I cut from the cob and froze.

It was a winner dinner. I can see making this again.

Attachments

• 2016-02-23 20.03.01.jpg
    2016-02-23 20.03.01.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 162
Beautiful pics Joey and GG. :yum: Everyone's dinners sound so good this evening.

I had a light dinner of pan seared scallops, simply done with just s and p, and lemon juice. The scallops were wonderful - sweet and tender. Roasted asparagus on the side.

Oh yum, looks great I love scallops!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom