What's for dinner Tuesday 2/25/14?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
Tonight will be scrambled eggs with fried potatoes, peppers and onions on the side.

I also baked my Mocha Brownies for dessert.

I've got dinner all lined up. Taco Tuesday. Soft shell corn tortillas, refried beans (homemade), Herdez salsa, new carton sour cream, fresh not frozen on the trek home scallion tops, red onion and a pound of burger thawed. Pre-made taco season mix needs using; an avocado to dice for some guac on the side. I 've discovered lately I like gauc that's more sliced and diced than mashed up. On the plus side you don't have to wait for the avocado to get so ripe in the night it needs to be eaten immediately.

I was going to yell yoo-hoo to the Shwan's delivery truck when he stops next door every Tuesday like clock work with a neighbor's order and nab a carton of chocolate ice cream. He didn't stop today. That's ok even if it's too cold to go to the store. I think I will make Mexican coffee/ hot chocolate or some such concoction for dessert. No Kahlua. I've got hazel nut for coffee drinks and cinnamon stix for stirring. I'm not a purist and as much as I wish, I am not on the Mexican Riviera.

Last edited:
I'm going to grill a steak. I think I'll make a blue cheese sauce for it.

French onion soup with Bolas' onion goop. And so it appears, we also have Gruyere(s)!

(We actually only have one gruyere. Had to add the "s" in order to make it rhyme.)

Last edited:
French onion soup with Bolas' onion goop.

We had that last night. Yummers. The leftover became a sauce for the pork chops I just put in the oven. We will also have some red and wild rice and some leftover pasta to have with the chops. Big salad will round out the meal.

French onion soup with Bolas' onion goop. And so it appears, we also have Gruyere(s)!

(We actually only have one gruyere. Had to add the "s" in order to make it rhyme.)
Did you get the Gruyère at Costco? Does it really rhyme with ears in US English?

Did you get the Gruyère at Costco? Does it really rhyme with ears in US English?

Yes, Costco, I think. I rhyme it with ears, don't know if anyone else does. Sadly, I just discovered one little chunk, may need to supplement it with some Jarlesburg. I'll have to look in the freezer, I thought we had more.

Last edited:
More sausage and eggs tonight. But this time it is hot Italian in Carbonara....

Attachments

• 008.jpg
    008.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 165
I took French, so I pronounce Gruyère like the French do ;)

We're just about to eat. I made pan-seared pork chops seasoned with S&P and Penzey's Mural of Flavor seasoning, Stove Top stuffing doctored up with freshly sautéed onions and celery, and applesauce with cinnamon.

We had omelettes with grated Gruyère and chopped scallions. Stirling had toast with his and I had a couple of slices of some whole grain baguette.

The first time I tried to make omelettes the way Julia Child made them, they turned out exactly right. Further experimenting has not been as successful, though it has all tasted good. Tonight's were not pretty enough to photograph.

We had omelettes with grated Gruyère and chopped scallions. Stirling had toast with his and I had a couple of slices of some whole grain baguette.

The first time I tried to make omelettes the way Julia Child made them, they turned out exactly right. Further experimenting has not been as successful, though it has all tasted good. Tonight's were not pretty enough to photograph.
I can understand the omelet visuals. I can make them, and they taste really good.....but they sure aren't pretty. :LOL:

I had two double-wide, brontosaurus sized pork chops that I stuffed. Each a pound before stuffing. We split one; the other will make an appearance as a leftover later this week. The sides were tossed salad, an extra of stuffing, steamed broccoli, and sauteed apples and fennel. There is still a bit of gingerbread cake we'll finish with a bit of vanilla ice cream.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom