What's for dinner? Tuesday 2-6-18

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cheryl J

Chef Extraordinaire
Taco Tuesday! I pulled out a vacuum sealed package of pre-cooked carne asada from the freezer this morning, so will build a couple of tacos using that, chopped white onions, and cilantro. Will lightly fry the corn tortillas. Probably will call that good, with no sides.

What's on everyone's plate today? :chef:

Last edited:
Pork Tenderloin w/ apples & onions....

39817-albums960-picture7217.jpg
[/IMG]

Pot Roast today. I'm trying a new (to me) product from Green Giant called "CarbSmart" potatoes that supposedly have half the carbs of regular spuds. We'll see.

qyRR1RD.jpg

Been working all day to replace the vanity top and faucet set in our half bath. So we ordered and are waiting for pizza.

Pot Roast today. I'm trying a new (to me) product from Green Giant called "CarbSmart" potatoes that supposedly have half the carbs of regular spuds. We'll see.

qyRR1RD.jpg

Wow, I just had to Google low-carb potatoes...

"Low-carb potatoes continue to make inroads in the fresh market sector.

Potandon Produce unveiled its first low-carbohydrate potato Oct. 19 during the Produce Marketing Association’s Fresh Summit convention in New Orleans. The Idaho Falls-based company boasts its CarbSmart potato has 55 per cent fewer carbohydrates than rice or pasta.

Earlier this year, a new low-carb spud appeared on shelves in New Zealand. With 40 per cent less carbohydrates and calories than ordinary potatoes, Lotatoes were created by cross-breeding different varieties. Lotatoes won the Primary Sector Products Award at the 2017 New Zealand Food Awards.

Last year, EarthFresh Farms introduced the new Carisma potato, marketed mostly for having a low glycemic index. Grown and distributed in Ontario, Carisma – along with other low-carb potatoes – appeals to consumers who are watching their carbohydrates. "

http://spudsmart.com/low-carb-potatoes-hitting-market/

CD

Last edited:
Wow, I just had to Google low-carb potatoes...

"Low-carb potatoes continue to make inroads in the fresh market sector.

Potandon Produce unveiled its first low-carbohydrate potato Oct. 19 during the Produce Marketing Association’s Fresh Summit convention in New Orleans. The Idaho Falls-based company boasts its CarbSmart potato has 55 per cent fewer carbohydrates than rice or pasta.

Earlier this year, a new low-carb spud appeared on shelves in New Zealand. With 40 per cent less carbohydrates and calories than ordinary potatoes, Lotatoes were created by cross-breeding different varieties. Lotatoes won the Primary Sector Products Award at the 2017 New Zealand Food Awards.

Last year, EarthFresh Farms introduced the new Carisma potato, marketed mostly for having a low glycemic index. Grown and distributed in Ontario, Carisma – along with other low-carb potatoes – appeals to consumers who are watching their carbohydrates. "

http://spudsmart.com/low-carb-potatoes-hitting-market/

CD

No kidding?! :ohmy:
I'll be looking for this, no doubt about that SPUD, I mean Bud :LOL:

I'm going to go with leftovers tonight, don't really feel like cooking :ohmy: no really, I don't.
I'm having the Hamburger Curry Stew (there's so little potato in this dish, I'm ok with that) and DH will have steamed Mussels in Red Sauce over Whole Wheat Penne Pasta. NO BREAD or RICE Dang it!! Swimsuit season is almost upon us, y'know, in HAWAII!!! :LOL:

It was Taco Tuesday at the doghouse. It was very cold, and rainy today, so I decided on some spicy tacos to warm me up -- and that they did. :devilish:

They were very simple, too, and made from stuff I already had -- I did NOT want to leave the house.

I seasoned a butterflied chicken breast with a Fiesta Mexican blend with some cayenne added, and cooked it in a hot cast-iron skillet. I also roasted/charred a fresh jalepeño with the Searzall. I deep fried and shaped a few corn tortillas. The only other ingredient was some Mexican Crema, to balance the heat.

Really good, simple food. And, yes, it was HOT! But, the heat didn't overpower the flavor -- I hate when that happens.

CD

Attachments

• ChicTacos001.jpg
    ChicTacos001.jpg
    167.6 KB · Views: 148
I refuse to conform...we did not have tacos here! Instead, I tried a new recipe from the January issue of Southern Living. (I know we don't live in the south, but I love this magazine!). Called "Sweet and Spicy Sheet Pan Chicken with Cauliflower and Carrots", I followed the recipe about 90% of the way. Or maybe 45% of the way since I made only two servings. :LOL: I didn't have grapes - and wasn't going to go out to buy them. No couscous, either, so I made a tube of Grands Biscuits because, Southern. ;) I also was running out of time, so no sauce. The meal was plenty juicy without it. What did remain in the pan was poured over the one serving that was left. Himself really enjoyed this, so I'll be making it again.

Attachments

• 20180206_223446.jpg
    20180206_223446.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 149
Sounds good!

Just curious... you do know that Christmas is over... right? :huh:

CD :yum:

Attachments

• CGChicken.jpg
    CGChicken.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 136
Back to the falukorv I go. No not a curse word, just a common Swedish sausage.

I made pasta bake with falukorv today and every one loved it.

We had a gratin made with mashed potatoes, onions, leeks, and the speck I cured. Gruyere on top. Comfort food.

Last edited:
Just to be clear, CG, I actually didn't realize until I posted my dinner here that I was having tacos on Tuesday! It was just a nice light dinner after being taken out for lunch by TB's parents! :LOL::LOL:

Back
Top Bottom