What's for Dinner? Tuesday 2nd of October

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Snip 13

Master Chef
Still have some gemsquash that need using. I'll be stuffing them with a curry minced beef filling topped with bechemel and cheese and grill them in the oven, served with steamed rice.

We had such a big lunch, I think we are only having toasted ham and cheese sandwiches for tea tonight

I'm going to finish the chickpea "hash" I made for breakfast yesterday. I might add some homemade sausage to it and more tomato, a bit of tomato paste.

SO will have a Asian marinated steak salad and I'll have an omelet with the same steak, sautéed onions and Gruyere.

Cooking a pot roast in the slow cooker. Serving that with mashed potatoes and roasted carrots, with an experimental pumpkin cream pie for dessert. Our schedules are so busy this week, that I have to sneak in a homemade meal wherever I can!

we are going to have fillets with mustard caper sauce,sesame brocolli, sliced avocado,onions,tomatos,and romaine with gorgonzola dresssing,Home made Italian bread with butter peach cobbler for dessert.
kades

I have no plan thus far but, looking in the fridge, I see chicken breasts, spinach, golden beets, and feta cheese. So I'm thinking maybe I'll stuff the chicken with the spinach and feta, and serve roasted beets on the side.

If we go to the store first, I have no idea--maybe taco salads. If we don't go to the store, Hillshire Farm sausages, probably cooked with green beans.

Too hot (105 deg) to cook. Going to try El Pollo Loco's Avocado Bacon Chicken Tostadas:

"Citrus marinated, flame-grilled chicken breast, pinto beans, romaine lettuce, chopped bacon, fresh avocado slices and pico de gallo salsa, all within the confines of their new shaped tostada shell."

Fresh cut up fruit - melons, etc for dessert.

I'm making homemade Indian! Chicken Tikka Masala, yum. I can't wait. Over rice. And naan on the side <--- not homemade.

iCasey said:
I'm making homemade Indian! Chicken Tikka Masala, yum. I can't wait. Over rice. And naan on the side <--- not homemade.

Yummy! Love making Indian food. Ever made your own raita? Super easy and goes do good with spicy dishes

We are having various salumi, chicken confit and a pate' Karen made over the weekend. The pate' is one of Emeril's recipes as well as the onion marmelade she is making to go with.

Leftovers here, either beef stew or the chicken and wild rice. I was planning to make a pork roast but SO isn't feeling well and went to be so I'll save the roast for tomorrow.

Found a great deal on Nathan's Angus hot dogs (bought all 13 packages that were marked down), so we will be having hot dogs (just one pack!), baked beans, and cottage cheese. I needed tonight's supper to be something quick, easy, and won't heat the kitchen up too much.

Meatloaf with bbq sauce on top, baked acorn squash with butter, brown sugar and maple syrup and a baked potato with sour cream and butter. I think there is one too many calories here somewhere. Nobody please don't enlighten me until after- dinner. ;):yum:

Going out tonight. We have a car club meeting at Village Inn.

Was inspired when I walked through the market today, which resulted in tonight's meal.

We had grilled salmon, baked potatoes, a mixed salad of spring greens, a variety of olives, pickled mushrooms, feta cheese, artichoke hearts and grape tomatoes. Washed it down with iced tea and enjoyed Andy's apple squares for dessert.

Back
Top Bottom