What's for Dinner? Tuesday 3/25

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Tonight I fixed a peppercorn and almond encrusted Alaskan salmon steak seared in a 600 degree infrared oven, then finished in a white wine bath with a cilantro and saffron infused garlic marmelade made from a Reader's Digest recipe I read in 1973.
As a side I fixed new fingerling potatoes lightly roasted in EVOO, with crumbled goat head's cheese and lightly sprinkled with catnip.
Dessert was fresh pears from my garden topped with chocolate shavings, orange zest and a reduced Napolean brandy. With toasted cinammon sticks. And Tim Tams. And lottsa Cool Whip.
:)

OK..... this is what I really had :LOL:

Attachments

• ribs&wings.jpg
    ribs&wings.jpg
    123.9 KB · Views: 231
wanna see my cat go nuts with it?

oops not the question with a question thread.... :)

Okay, nobody home at normal times and everyone tired so the chicken legs will wait until tomorrow. I made omelet and hashbrowns for border, will do the same for DH if he ever makes it home from work. I had some pasta with cheese whiz....not very gourmet, but what I felt like:-p

I'm too tired and I dont know how!!!!!

For a minute I thought you were talking about cooking supper! :ROFLMAO: I was about to point you to the thread we have had going all day about whether people know how to cook or just don't want to and then I scrolled up and realized I missed this whole wonderful thing on Cat Nip! I then realized your refering to YouTube! I think I need to go to bed...or have some of UncleBob's bourbon!

We had a plate of steamed veggies
and a bowl of cabbage, onions, celery and onions boiled in some chicken broth. At the last minute I added a can of diced tomatoes. I sprinkled a few dried hot pepper flakes on top of mine too. It was kind of good.

Bilby, recipe (or details) PLEASE!!!!!!!

I have no idea except that I am definitely using some chicken legs I found in the freezer.:LOL:
No recipe and seriously thrown together.

1 Litre Vegetable stock but chicken stock would be better
10 Chicken and Mushroom (uncooked) Dumplings (these were purchased but are very makeable)
Tablespoon or so of dried shiitake mushrooms
3 Swiss Brown mushrooms
3 Baby pak choy, larger leaves separated from stems but baby ones intact
Teaspoon each of soy and oyster sauces (although if using chicken stock, you may need to omit oyster sauce)
Teaspoon of powdered ginger or a couple of centimetres of fresh ginger
Teaspoon of minced garlic
Good dash of sesame oil

Put dried shiitake mushrooms in a cup and pour boiling water over to hydrate and leave for 30 mins. When hydrated, pour liquid into stock in saucepan, reserving mushrooms. Add the 10 dumplings and bring the stock/dumplings to the boil for 3 mins. Simmer for 10 mins.

Add baby pak choy and mushrooms, along with the seasonings and cook until baby pak choy is wilted. Allow 2 dumplings per person.

I was going to add some bean sprouts as well but they didn't live long enough!
HTH

We had a plate of steamed veggies
and a bowl of cabbage, onions, celery and onions boiled in some chicken broth. At the last minute I added a can of diced tomatoes. I sprinkled a few dried hot pepper flakes on top of mine too. It was kind of good.

A large mug of that soup sounds good :)

Back
Top Bottom