What's For Dinner, Tuesday 9/20/16

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kaneohegirlinaz

Wannabe TV Chef
Central/Northern AZ, gateway to The Grand Canyon
It's been raining here in the middle of the desert since early this morning.
Perfect day for a big pot of soup to share with our upstairs neighbors.

I started out by browning some Sweet Italian Sausage and then built from there.
Fresh Kale, Carrots, Celery, Onions and Garlic; a can of crushed Tomatoes as well as Cannellini beans and some cooked Ditilini.
All in a beautiful chicken stock with a sprig of fresh rosemary, a bay leaf and S&P.
I'll serve our bowls of soup topped with some EVOO and a goodly grating of Grana Padano cheese; grilled cheese sandwiches for dunking.

What's on your table?

^^ That sounds amazing.

Crock-pot pork with an Asian marinade of soy sauce, garlic, pureed onions and pureed pear.

The plan, Chorizo and Spanish potato stew, well I grabbed the wrong package so that was bratwurst and when I reached for the beans, there was none. So it be came bratwurst with potato and bell pepper stew, it was lovely any way.

Your soup sounds delicious, kgirl.

I went out for Chinese for lunch today. Couldn't finish it all so I brought some home to nibble on for dinner. Shrimp, veggies, egg roll, and fried rice. Oh, and a couple of fortune cookies. :)

Last edited:
Still enjoying summertime here. In view of that, we're having hamburgers with the last of our fresh tomatoes sliced on top and the last of our homemade hamburger buns. Normal "fixings" to go with. Made a pan of fried potatoes and iced tea will finish us off.

Chicken pot pie using half of 1 of the chickens cooked Sunday. Veges were carrots, potatoes, peas, onions, mushrooms and garlic. Topping was puff pastry from the freezer.

Since the puff pastry never really is the same if you refreeze, I decided to chop up some dried chorizo and chihuahua cheese we had in the fridge and make little triangle puffs. They were pretty good.

DD ordered Dominos pizza for dinner but my tummy only made through 1/2 slice. :(

Geez GG and MsM, I hope the two of you are all healthy again soon. :flowers:

I made chock-full-of-veggies salads, and we plowed our way through leftovers. Himself had a small sandwich and finished up the last hamburger, I ate the last pork chop and the leftover spaghetti squash. We still have my leftovers from yesterday's restaurant trip. Tomorrow is another day...

Back
Top Bottom