What's for dinner? Tuesday, 9-29-15

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
....I have an avocado and some tomatoes that need used, so I think this afternoon's dinner will be guacamole, pico de gallo, and fried corn tortilla wedges. Probably some kind of fruit on the side......

I remembered I had a Foodsaver bag of seasoned refried beans and rice in the freezer from when I recently made burritos, so I pulled that out, heated it up and doctored it a little to have with this afternoon's chips and dips dinner. Love those Foodsavers! :) Watermelon and grapes for dessert.

Attachments

• 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 153
I found this "new to me" item at Trader Joe's..Article | Trader Joe's
I'll be using browned chicky thighs and tucking in some mushrooms and artichoke hearts to the casserole.
I'll make up a half envelope of instant mashed taters for the SousChef, and we'll each have glorified green salad.

UHHHHH! GAAAARRRLIC (trying to sound like Emeril Lagasse) !! I must look for this sauce at TJ's.

Tonight I also used something from Trader Joe's ...

Asian Vegetables with Beijing Style Soy Sauce
doctored with maybe 1/4 cup of chicken stock to thin the sauce, thinly sliced Stir fried boneless chicken thighs added and then served over steamed white rice [no photo, gone too fast]
I just love those "New to me" displays that TJ's puts up, don't you?
very delicious! no dessert, DH had to go to a Sleep Study...

AND Cheryl J, right on my sistah! LOVE LOVE LOVE that food photo! it looks DELISH!

...[no photo, gone too fast]...
Tsk, tsk. :ROFLMAO:

My plan was burgers on the grill, probably the last time this year. No back-up plan either. Quick, easy, right? Spent all afternoon and very early evening running errands and grocery shopping. Not even two miles from home and...what? Rain on my windshield?
th_gaahsmiley.gif
After unloading the car, putting away the perishables, and getting shoes back on, Himself and I headed out to a local favorite pub. It took us almost a mile, but we realized it wasn't raining! :LOL: Hmm, streets were starting to dry up, too. It ended up we took a long drive around the big block, headed back home, and my Mr. Wonderful headed out to grill those burgers. :yum:

Attachments

• 2015-09-29 21.14.42.jpg
    2015-09-29 21.14.42.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 122
Smothered chicken, which is b/s thighs dusted in flour, S and P and paprika, browned in mixture of butter/oil, removed, onions sautéed until soft, bit of garlic thrown in, some of the dusting flour stirred in, white wine and chicken broth, chicken back in and braised until done. Mashies and asparagus were the sides. Homemade Tiramisu for dessert.

Back
Top Bottom