What's for Dinner Tuesday, Aug. 26th?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sattie

Washing Up
I want to cook sooooo bad! I have not actually cooked a meal in several days and I miss it! Maybe I can sneak one in tonight... a mini meal!!!

So, come on, make me feel good and tell me what you are fixin today!!!

me niether... I really want to too!
I think I'll attempt gnocchi again..... and look at more than 1 recipe!

Girl, you have been tearin up that gnocchi... I have some mini gnocchi (no, I am not making them myself) that I need to fix up! So what have you tried so far that you like the best?

i only tried it once and failed.... they turned into some form of potato pancake....
But I like pesto with them (basil queens rule!) or fresh sage sizzled up in some butter.... a little s&p.
I'd try a cream sauce but that sounds REALLY thick to me and can wait til winter when I have no fresh herbs.

Is everyone on a starvation diet tonight???

The first ones I made (out of a package) were kinda chewy and sticky. I'm not sure what the texture should be like. But I boiled per instructions, drained, then sauted with butter, garlic.... can't remember what else, but I was not real crazy about it. DH liked them surprisingly. I'm like you, cream sauce seems to heavy to me, or even the tomato based sauce seems a bit much, but maybe that is the way to go. I got some vodka sauce I may try on mine.

A first for me: Fish balls! Got some at the Asian Supermarket, and we are making them with some Chinese greens and Basmati rice.

This Supermarket has the most astounding fish market I have ever seen! Want conch? Frog? Snails? 14 varieties of fresh fish, cut to your specs free? wow.

Came across a package of short ribs in the freezer, so I dredged them in seasoned flour then browned them well on all sides in some olive oil. Tossed a bunch of onions, carrots and celery into the (big) crock-pot and added the ribs. Put in lots of minced garlic for good measure, along with some bay leaves. Poured beef broth and red wine over it all. We'll see what turns out. Can't be too bad. I have a bottle of Killian's Irish Red left from St. Patrick's Day so it's chilling to go along with.

Buck really enjoyed short ribs and Killian's. This one's for him.

Last edited:
Bugers on the grill, fresh tomoates from the garden with fresh mozerella and basil, and scalloped potatoes

Pan fried walleye fillets with Panko breading and home fried redskin potatoes in EVOO and butter with sauteed onions.

I stayed outside too long.... gnocchi is a no go.
I haven't a clue now.
maybe smoked turkey quesadillas.
yeah, thats it.
and MORE grilled yeller squash.

A Whole Grilled chicken, loaded baked potatoes, green beans and glazed baby carrots. Oh, and cheese biscuits!

We had a veggie dinner. Homegrown tomatoes, red onions, basil and mozzarella drizzled with balsamic vinegar. Breaded and fried homegrown green beans and zucchini. I made almost my whole dinner from my own little garden. It was delish!!

Barb

Bugers on the grill, fresh tomoates from the garden with fresh mozerella and basil, and scalloped potatoes

Dave is that all on the burger??? (not the potatoes) That is one of my most favorite Saturday noon meals...Grilled burgers, fresh tomatoes, fresh mozzarella, and huge, huge pile of fresh basil...all on buttered & toasted french bread!!! Good eats!!!!!!!

Tonight...Grilled chops, and garden veggies on the side. Oh, and zucchini soup.

Dave is that all on the burger??? (not the potatoes) That is one of my most favorite Saturday noon meals...Grilled burgers, fresh tomatoes, fresh mozzarella, and huge, huge pile of fresh basil...all on buttered & toasted french bread!!! Good eats!!!!!!!

oh my, I had never thought of this. I finished a fresh mozz today that is destined for pizzas coming up shortly, but I will save a bit for burgers:cool::)

oh my, I had never thought of this. I finished a fresh mozz today that is destined for pizzas coming up shortly, but I will save a bit for burgers:cool::)

Miss Beth...try to incorporate some garlic in there....rub it on the bread/bun, or either (fresh or powder) in some melted butter, then applied to the bread before toasting....Guess what tomorrow night will be now??? Can't wait till Saturday!!!:LOL:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom