What's for Dinner Tuesday August 25, 2009?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GrillingFool

Head Chef
Wow, no one's eating today...

I'm roasting some cherry tomatoes, sweet peppers, garlic, cauliflower and broccoli. This will be tossed with some buttery garlic shrimp, nestled on a bed of linguine and covered with a blanket of fresh pesto.

If I'm lucky there will be some good bread in the markdown section!

Wow, no one's eating today...

I'm roasting some cherry tomatoes, sweet peppers, garlic, cauliflower and broccoli. This will be tossed with some buttery garlic shrimp, nestled on a bed of linguine and covered with a blanket of fresh pesto.

If I'm lucky there will be some good bread in the markdown section!
I thought about starting a thread, but I wanted to give others a chance.

Your dinner sounds really good! I LOVE shrimp, especially the way you're fixing it.

I'm boring... hot dogs tonight with french fries and maybe a tossed salad to start things off.

Splurging tonight. Chipotle-crusted pork tenderloin, homemade sweet double-corn bread, steamed green beans, and chilled watermelon to balance out the spiciness of the pork. I can't wait. :)

The pork tenderloin is in a brown sugar brine right now. When it's done it will get a dry rub and will then go on the grill (natural charcoal). The only change I make to the linked recipe is to use 2 tablespoons of chipotle powder instead of 3, and it's spicy enough that way. When we serve this to guests, I cut back on it a bit more unless they are spicy food fans! Thanks for asking. :)

chicken veg soup. homemade broth from my mesquite smoked chicken carcasses. fresh veg from the farm. served with crusty Italian bread and cheeses.

Tonight I did a small pork loin roast and sweet potato with butter, cinnamon and nutmeg. I seared the roast in a cast iron skillet then finished it in the oven.

Supreme pizza from pizza hut - yeah I know a lot of pizza's lately but they've just opened a pizza hut here in Moscow and I'm a sucker for pizza's in general let alone Pizza hut pizzas :D

Wow how many times can I type the word pizza in one sentence :LOL:

Tuna dinner :D

Ill go for tuna dinner casserole :D Good for the heart :chef: dressed with lettuce (although lettuce is not that nutritious)

Check out these ingredients :D

A box macaroni and cheese dinner
A can tuna, chunked and drained
shredded cheddar cheese
frozen green peas
A tsp. of dried Italian seasoning
1 tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 tsp. garlic powder (optional)
I crave a lot for tuna and into your shrimp of course :D

Sounds really good Apple. I love that web site btw.
I have a few cans of chipotles that I squirreled away when I was in Texas. They were hard to find there. I think I would just use the whole can chopped up and marinate the pork in that plus a few others ing. Thanks for the idea.

OOooh, that sounds good too! I'd probably add them directly to the brine to really infuse the flavor in the pork. I'm a fan of brining, though, in case you couldn't tell. ;)

Supreme pizza from pizza hut - yeah I know a lot of pizza's lately but they've just opened a pizza hut here in Moscow and I'm a sucker for pizza's in general let alone Pizza hut pizzas :D

Wow how many times can I type the word pizza in one sentence :LOL:
AND, I know what was on it!! :ROFLMAO:

pepperoni, beef, pork, mushrooms, green peppers and onions!!

I worked for Pizza Hut years ago as a cook and a waitress! Don't hold that against me! :ermm:

AND, I know what was on it!! :ROFLMAO:

pepperoni, beef, pork, mushrooms, green peppers and onions!!

I worked for Pizza Hut years ago as a cook and a waitress! Don't hold that against me! :ermm:
:ohmy::ohmy: You was watching me??!!!! :ROFLMAO: You got it VB and it was sooooo tasty :D Don't worry I'll still look at you in the same way :-p

Back
Top Bottom