What's for Dinner, Tuesday Dec 4?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PA Baker

Master Chef
We're having soft tacos with ground turkey cooked with a mixture of black beans, tomatoes, mild green chilies, chili powder, oregano and cumin. They'll be served with the standard taco toppings. Dessert will be ruby red grapefruit.

I did something I almost NEVER do. I bought something pre made. What can I say? I'm embarrassed to admit it, but I wanted something hot and I'm so tired and grubby that whilst a shower was needed putting make up and nice clothes on to eat out felt too much effort, and its just me.

I have brought a predone miniture beef wellington for one. I wonder what it will be like.

ETA And now I remmeber why i home cook! To be honest it was ok, to much mushroom pate, which bizarrely seemed to have pesto in it, but home made is SO much better.

Last edited:
We had a quiche with (amoung other veges) the first zucchini out of our garden for the year. I know that soon I'll be sick of them - but for now, I'm all excited about them :)

Latkes (potato pancakes) sour cream, apple sauce and then more of the above again. It is First night of Chanuka after all.

My favorite soup that I make at least once a week, Roasted Red Pepper & Sweet Potato. The best part was getting to use the Hot Hungarian Paprika I just brought home from Budapest! Oh man is it tasty!!!

Sweet potato and peanut soup with a half grilled sandwich of roast beef, cheddar, and a little bbq sauce. It's getting chilly here in SW Florida...all the way down into the low 60's :ROFLMAO:

Mozart

I have steak tips and gravy cooking in the crockpot right now. I'll cook up some egg noodles to serve it over and corn to go with it (it's one of the few veggies we agree on, so it works). If we do dessert, it'll probably be some of the angel food candy I recently made.

thanks for startin this today PA. I was hoping it'd get started soon.
I'll attempt my girlfriends Moroccan chicken
after I go to the market and grab 3 items in it. I won't utilize the pita bread part though, I'll be putting this over the potatoes instead.
I already did sour cram mashed potatoes and creamy baby peas early this morning, I was bored.
they're in the frig for tonight.
Since the chicken recipes calls for two lemons, I'll buy extra cause for dessert, I'm doing ginger bread cake with warmed lemon sauce poured all over the top.
Coffee maybe for him, if he's in the mood, water for me, I'm always in the mood:wacko:
Lulu, not to worry that you bought pre made, like we haven't all done that. DH bought a truckload of Lean Cuisines yesterday for his lunches at work and now my freezer's stuffed with premade stuff, so see, it's okay...:)

Pa Baker,

Sweet potato and peanut soup:

Cook one medium chopped onion, 1 tsp brown sugar and 1 tsp salt in 2-3 TBS butter until soft. Add 1/2 tsp coriander, 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper, and a couple of large cloves of minced garlic, and cook 1 minute more.

Add 3 cups of chicken stock, 2 cups of water and 3 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and sliced thin. Stir in 3 TBS of creamy peanut butter.

Simmer until potatoes are tender, 20 minutes or more.

Puree all in blender and return to pot. Stir in 2 TBS of fresh minced cilantro ( I usually cheat and use the kind that comes in a tube)

Check the seasoning and serve.

This will have a little bite so drop the cayenne lower is your family doesn't like spicy soup.

Mozart.

I'm plodding along today, but, getting there..Making a chicken pot pie, with mushrooms,onions,peas,carrots,celery and the balance of a roasted chicken..Plus a green salad...No dessert today, but there is ice cream for anyone who wants some.

kadesma

Pa Baker,

Sweet potato and peanut soup:

Cook one medium chopped onion, 1 tsp brown sugar and 1 tsp salt in 2-3 TBS butter until soft. Add 1/2 tsp coriander, 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper, and a couple of large cloves of minced garlic, and cook 1 minute more.

Add 3 cups of chicken stock, 2 cups of water and 3 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and sliced thin. Stir in 3 TBS of creamy peanut butter.

Simmer until potatoes are tender, 20 minutes or more.

Puree all in blender and return to pot. Stir in 2 TBS of fresh minced cilantro ( I usually cheat and use the kind that comes in a tube)

Check the seasoning and serve.

This will have a little bite so drop the cayenne lower is your family doesn't like spicy soup.

Mozart.

Your soup sounds wonderful, I'll have to try it!

We're having Delmonico steaks smothered in onions and steak sauce with tater tots (from frozen) and lima beads cooked with diced bacon.

Flour Girl:

"We're having Delmonico steaks smothered in onions and steak sauce with tater tots (from frozen) and lima beads cooked with diced bacon."

You mean you don't make fresh tater tots from scratch?;)

Enjoy the soup.

Mozart

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom