What's for dinner Tuesday, December 20th?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Our neighbor brought us lots of venison sausage, so we had some of that tonight. It was really good.

Chile poblano chicken enchiladas using flour tortillas, topped with melted Mexican white Oaxaca cheese, sour cream, sliced avocados, side salad, Spanish rice - marinaded sirloin steak with wine gravy, cole slaw and roasted cayanne/paprika spiced potatoes - made enough for leftovers for tomorrow's lunch

Steak and baked potatoes.

I'm also doing a trial run of a Magicl Lemon pie.
I've never made a meringue topping before. Wish me luck.

Good luck Pds that is my favorite pie..Mom always made me one for my birthday instead of a cake I love lemon...
Dinner okay :LOL: Easy tonight steamed clams but I'm making them a little different, to the clam juice after clams have opened and been removed I added the clam broth to a thick creamy sauce made of flour,butter, I cooked the clams in shallots,garlic,a bay leaf,white wine clam juice and a little lemon juice, then added them back into the sauce when done I sprinkled with fresh chopped parsley..I just served hot french bread and butter and we dipped that into the sauce..DH had a small salad, I just had the clams and bread...YUM:LOL:
kadesma

That sounds wonderful, Kadesma! I have never had fresh clams, but they do sounds yummy yummy!!!!!

kadesma said:
Good luck Pds that is my favorite pie..Mom always made me one for my birthday instead of a cake I love lemon...
Dinner okay :LOL: Easy tonight steamed clams but I'm making them a little different, to the clam juice after clams have opened and been removed I added the clam broth to a thick creamy sauce made of flour,butter, I cooked the clams in shallots,garlic,a bay leaf,white wine clam juice and a little lemon juice, then added them back into the sauce when done I sprinkled with fresh chopped parsley..I just served hot french bread and butter and we dipped that into the sauce..DH had a small salad, I just had the clams and bread...YUM:LOL:
kadesma

OH YUMMMMMMMMY! That sounds so wonderful!:)

Thanks Kadesma.
I love lemon too.
The pie looked really good when it came out of the oven. The little peaks were such a pretty color of golden brown. They still are but.... the topping seems to be very soft... I'm hoping it firms up a little in the fridge. Paul won't be home for about an hour so I'm sure it'll be close to 9 or 9:30 before we can sample a piece.

Thanks Shannon and Pds,
I have to admit, they turned out pretty well...Now if I hjust had some of that famouns lemon meringue pie:LOL:

kadesma

well it's late and now it's time to do a segment on tomorrow's meal. I will say that I roasted/baked a pork boneless roast in Paula Deen's house seasoning and Catalina salad dressing, foiled it, 1 1/2 hours on 350°. I did easy baked potatoes and green beans with bread from Von's that I'd taken out of the freezer. DH bought it a week or so ago and I forgot it in the freezer. It's from Vons' bakery and it's garlic peppercorn sourdough. Gad it's good. I had a Snickers for desert at which point the DH looked at me like I had two heads.

Today, I went shopping with my brother. He had some Christmas shopping to do and I needed to return an ink cartridge for my printer. We had lunch a Quiznos. Tonight I was not really wanting to cook much, so I had fish 'n' chips. I sent home with him a container of the beef burgundy that I made the other night. :chef:

kadesma said:
:LOL: I'm on my way...

kadesma

Cool! The pie turned out really good!
YIPPPEEEE! I'll be making another one for
the party we're going to on Christmas Eve.
Not very Christmassy...I know... but YUMMMMERS!!

hugs, Trish

We had Quiznos for dinner, sierra! I had the chicken milano--which did you get?

Sofia had her check-up (doing great--9.5 lb, 23 in and healthy) so we just grabbed the sandwiches on the way home. It was the 1st time i'd been out to eat since before she was born--what a treat!:)

PA Baker said:

Sofia had her check-up (doing great--9.5 lb, 23 in and healthy) so we just grabbed the sandwiches on the way home. It was the 1st time i'd been out to eat since before she was born--what a treat!:)

For all you Quizno's lovers...

http://www.rathergood.com/moon_song/

John

i love rather good, but a warning to those with sensitive ears. many of the songs there are, shall we say, a bit risque.

i like to play the stomping laibach (sp?) kittens for my german boss. he was in the hitler youth as a kid (and we take every chance to tease him about it).

last night was a gaelic burger from my old hangout, an irish pub called dj reynolds. it is a huge burger, topped with irish bacon, irish cheddar, and raw onions. i have some serious aggida having stayed up all night (another double shift :( ), but it was worth it.

PA Baker said:

I had the Cabo chicken - Oven-roasted chicken, bacon, cheddar, quacamole, tomato, red onion, spring mix, and mild chipotle mayo. I also had a coupon for buy one sandwich, get one free. So, we saved $5.00 on our lunch. :) Quiznos is my favorite sandwich place to go, but there is a new deli in town that I would like to try. Congrats on Sofia's healthy check-up. Give her hug for me.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom