What's for dinner Tuesday, February 2, 2010

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DaveSoMD

Master Chef
Moderator Emeritus
What? :ohmy: 3:45 PM Eastern time and no one has started us off yet?

Ok, here goes... leftover meatloaf, mac&cheese, and mixed veggies.

Nothing special. just using up the left overs.

Was planning on cardamom chicken until I realized I was out of cardamom. So, as a fall back, it's going to be chicken piccata.

I was going to start the "what's for dinner" thread today when I didn't see one started, but I wasn't sure if I was allowed to or not.

Dinner tonight is.... I don't know, not hungry at all.

Yesterday I bought a 5 lb. bag of Yukon Gold potatoes, so I'm playing around and making Twice Baked Potato Wedges with a Parmesan Crust, Homemade Cole Slaw (left over from lunch), and Salsbury Steak (pre-made Angus 1/4 lb. hamburger patty) with a Quick Mushroom Gravy (Blond Roux with Beef Stock, a dash of Worcestershire Sauce, and 4 oz. can of Mushroom Stems & Pieces.) :chef:

Yesterday I bought a 5 lb. bag of Yukon Gold potatoes, so I'm playing around and making Twice Baked Potato Wedges with a Parmesan Crust, Homemade Cole Slaw (left over from lunch), and Salsbury Steak (pre-made Angus 1/4 lb. hamburger patty) with a Quick Mushroom Gravy (Blond Roux with Beef Stock, a dash of Worcestershire Sauce, and 4 oz. can of Mushroom Stems & Pieces.) :chef:

Well I'm gonna need the twice baked potato recipe. I just bought a 10 lb bag of russets yesterday, and I've always wanted to make some twice baked potatoes!

I love having breakfast for dinner.
French toast buttered and topped with maple syrup, sour cream and strawberry preserves, dusted with ground cinnamon sugar and a side of bacon.

img_875616_0_2e8410875c6f289005eae99ad9528de7.jpg

I was going to start the "what's for dinner" thread today when I didn't see one started, but I wasn't sure if I was allowed to or not.

Dinner tonight is.... I don't know, not hungry at all.
You con start the What's for dinner anytime you want. Just check and make sure someone else hasn't beat you to it:LOL:
kadesma

Corned beef hash, buttered and fried cabbage, biscuits and honey. Ice cream sandwiches for dessert.
kadesma:)

Well I'm gonna need the twice baked potato recipe. I just bought a 10 lb bag of russets yesterday, and I've always wanted to make some twice baked potatoes!

Since Yukons are smaller than Russets, you may need to adjust your cutting technique.

There are two ways of fixing these, with or without Parmesan cheese.

After briefly washing, I slice each potato in half, and then each half into thirds, for a total of 6 wedges per potato.
Put them skin side down on a cookie sheet or on a wire rack on a cookie sheet. Put them into a preheated 375 degree oven for 20 minutes.

After pulling them out of the oven and letting them cool for about 5 minutes, turn up the oven to 400 degrees.

Brush each wedge face (Not the skin side) with oil and then lightly salt. I prefer Olive Oil, but I suppose most any oil will do.

To cook without Parmesan Cheese, simply bake at 400 degrees for another 20 minutes or until the edges brown and begin to turn crisp.

To cook with Parmesan Cheese, bake at 400 degrees for 17-18 minutes, remove from the oven, turn each wedge onto its side and heavily sprinkle with parmesan cheese. Finish off the tray of wedges under the broiler until the cheese just begins to melt and lightly brown.

Additional cheeses can also be used. Have fun experimenting.

Enjoy! :chef:

what's for dinner

dinner was meatloaf that I made last night while browning meat for lasagnas to go in the freezer for this weekend, and leftover mashed potatoes browned in a skillet with a little bit of butter, and steamed broccoli - Yum!

Rotini pasta with sauteed garlic, Campari tomatoes, soft goat cheese, herbs and spices, and extra virgin olive oil.

Back
Top Bottom