What's for dinner, Tuesday, Jan. 24th?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
yes.. it was nice and sunny here.... but, I can't seem to get warm. So, soup it is. Paul just called though, they fed him pizza at work. Oh vell.. more for me.

texasgirl said:
What is your recipe for the beer bread??:mrgreen:

3 cups of all purpose flour
3 tsp baking powder
3 Tbls sugar
1 can of beer

Mix all, place in greased bread pan and bake 350º for 1 hour. (You cold also use 3 cups self rising flour but leave out the baking powder) I also melt about 3 Tbls of butter and pour on top before baking. This is great with some of the specialty beers that DH gets from friends but doesn't want to drink! My favorite was a Strawberry Blonde beer from Brazil but we haven't found any of that here in Missouri to make it again.

Suus said:
I'm making a Indonesian soto soup with chicken, lemongrass, galangal, ginger and bean sprouts. When serving I usually add a cooked egg, small pieces potato, crispy fried onions, white rice, green onions and a dressing made from tamarind, chilli and sweet soy sauce. It is a very traditional dish, but I always make it up as I go, to the horror of my Indonesian mother in law, haha "nooo, no lemon grass....."
:LOL:

suus, you are making me very hungry. that sounds great!! recipe please?

and jbib, do you have a recipe for the beans and carne asada?

last night i made pork tenderloins with apples and sweet onions. i used cider this time instead of white wine, and it really added something. will do it this way from now on.

btw, ronjohn sent me a 6 pack of his homemade cider. it was fantastic. no i didn't use it to cook tonight. it's being treated like jw blue label or gm cent cinquanteniere in my house. the taste was nice and light for hard apple cider (not too acidic), the alcohol content perfect, slightly more than a beer without being noticable on the palate, and the fizz was perfect, like champagne.
ronjohn is a brewing god!!!!

extremesoccermom said:
3 cups of all purpose flour
3 tsp baking powder
3 Tbls sugar
1 can of beer

Mix all, place in greased bread pan and bake 350º for 1 hour. (You cold also use 3 cups self rising flour but leave out the baking powder) I also melt about 3 Tbls of butter and pour on top before baking. This is great with some of the specialty beers that DH gets from friends but doesn't want to drink! My favorite was a Strawberry Blonde beer from Brazil but we haven't found any of that here in Missouri to make it again.

Great, thanks!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom