What's for Dinner Tuesday Jan 26th?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
we are almost done with the chicken tamales. very labor intensive. abel also will make some with two kinds of cheese, and a slice of mild green pepper. we started at 2 pm. i had already cooked the chicken and the broth. abel brought a friend, still takes a while to fold the corn husks.

can't wait to eat them. will let yu know.

img_874012_0_cb26964613f6fb6629bf4b2fb046e661.jpg

img_874012_1_5e8a461724e5491ffb66a48a9bbd0432.jpg

I'm intrigued now...... :rolleyes:

dinner was just breaded drumsticks, salsa pasta and green beans.

Last edited:
we are almost done with the chicken tamales. very labor intensive. abel also will make some with two kinds of cheese, and a slice of mild green pepper. we started at 2 pm. i had already cooked the chicken and the broth. abel brought a friend, still takes a while to fold the corn husks.

can't wait to eat them. will let yu know.

the filling is just wonderful, we had a lot of trouble getting them to cook . i think abel stacked them in pot too much. i tried a few in micro, put in zip lock with a small container of water. close bag leaving a small opening in the zipper so it wouldn't explode. i cooked only three the first time. good. abel insisted on doing five at one time. big trouble getting them done. he just won't listen to the "gringo" lol . he is such a complainer that i want to hit him. he is tired , he is hungry, non stop eating all day. anyway i think just together to much at one time.

i am not sure if i would do again. took way to long for my kind of cooking.

I have done something similiar using pepperoni or sausage, mozerella and provolone, and a little tomato sauce.

Selkie, have you ever take some of your bread dough rolled it out and the made a loaf out of it filled with had torn ham,salami,pastrami and then hand torn jack,provolone? I sometimes paint the dough first with a grainy mustard just a little then I just roll it into a loaf put on a greased baking sheet cut several little slits on top and bake. My kids beg for it. Guess i need to get busy:LOL:
kades

I have filled it with roast beef, peppers and onions and provolone cheese.:chef:

Back
Top Bottom