What's for Dinner Tuesday Jan 26th?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bethzaring

Master Chef
I have one pound each of ground beef and pork and have decided to make an Applesauce Meatloaf. Not sure what else we may have..

does anyone ever brown a slice of leftover meatloaf in a pan to make it crispy for a meal or sandwiches?

What are you fixing?

I believe I am going to make a beef stew, and sourdough bread.

I generally like my meatloaf sandwiches cold.

...does anyone ever brown a slice of leftover meatloaf in a pan to make it crispy for a meal or sandwiches?

Oh, yeah, that's a tasty thing to do! And I thought I was strange to do that. Gee, now I'm just strange! :ROFLMAO:

I have a three day poolish bubbling away, but I'm tired of making so many pizzas lately, so I may make a baguette and use it for French Onion Soup this evening. (And I've never made French Onion Soup before, so this could be fun!) :LOL: I'm inspired from a Cook's Illustrated recipe.

does anyone ever brown a slice of leftover meatloaf in a pan to make it crispy for a meal or sandwiches?

Beth, I have never tried it that way, but I absolutely LOVE meatloaf sandwiches - cold or warmed up. Frying it sounds delightful.

Didn't have a clue what I was making but now I think it might be meatloaf....all depends if DH is truly going to paint the kitchen ceiling today!

I'm not sure whats for dinner yet. I am having a calzone for lunch.

We have quite a bit of the boston butt that I cooked yesterday. I took the broth and the meat separate and removed all the fat. I'm thinking about using the broth in rice. Has anyone done that? It seems it would be good as it has a very good flavor and all the fat removed.

Oh, yeah, that's a tasty thing to do! And I thought I was strange to do that. Gee, now I'm just strange! :ROFLMAO:

:LOL: I'm inspired from a Cook's Illustrated recipe.

well, it seems like a good idea, but I don't ever remember reading that any one ever did this:huh:

and dh doesn't like cold meatloaf sandwiches...so I thought it was worth mentioning:LOL:

I like cold meatloaf sandwiches with ketchup for lunch..but if I'm making meatloaf sadwiches for dinner I'll do a stacked meatload sandwich. YUM!!

Dinner tonight is going to be beef and broccoli stir fry served over either rice or ramen noodles (not sure yet).

I have some leftover meatballs and sauce, so I think I'll stop by the market on the way home for some meatball sub fixins!

I have some leftover meatballs and sauce, so I think I'll stop by the market on the way home for some meatball sub fixins!

Mmm Mmm don't forget the provolone to melt over the top of them.

I have a three day poolish bubbling away, but I'm tired of making so many pizzas lately, so I may make a baguette and use it for French Onion Soup this evening. (And I've never made French Onion Soup before, so this could be fun!) :LOL: I'm inspired from a Cook's Illustrated recipe.
Selkie, have you ever take some of your bread dough rolled it out and the made a loaf out of it filled with had torn ham,salami,pastrami and then hand torn jack,provolone? I sometimes paint the dough first with a grainy mustard just a little then I just roll it into a loaf put on a greased baking sheet cut several little slits on top and bake. My kids beg for it. Guess i need to get busy:LOL:
kades

Selkie, have you ever take some of your bread dough rolled it out and the made a loaf out of it filled with had torn ham,salami,pastrami and then hand torn jack,provolone? I sometimes paint the dough first with a grainy mustard just a little then I just roll it into a loaf put on a greased baking sheet cut several little slits on top and bake. My kids beg for it. Guess i need to get busy:LOL:
kades

No, I never have, but that sounds great! Thanks! :chef:

Dinner tonight is going to be beef and broccoli stir fry served over either rice or ramen noodles (not sure yet).

Change of plans tonight as so was not feeling well or up to eating. Instead I made myself some cavatelli, melted some butter in some OO and chopped garlic and tossed it all toghether and then topped it with parmesean cheese and red pepper flakes.

kades

I have done something similiar using pepperoni or sausage, mozerella and provolone, and a little tomato sauce.

my stomach is killing me i am having cream of chicken soup. everyone else is having what ever left overs or cereal.

Well, the ceiling is painted (first coat) and I was able to remove some of the plastic from my cupboards so I could put the meatloaf (which I prepped on my washing machine!!!) and baker potatoes in the oven.

Taking Bethzaring's inspiration, I used a half and half beef/pork mixture, with egg, onion, my home dried italian herb mix, some of my BBQ sauce in and on, and a few other secret ingredients. I don't use flour, crumbs, etc. for binding because DH is intolerant so it is a very "meaty" freeform meatloaf.

Baked potatoes and peas are the sides....think we are going out for ice cream sundaes for dessert!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom