What's for Dinner, Tuesday, January 20th?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

coookies

Cook
Surprised that this hasn't already been started! Anyone doing anything good? I need some ideas... been munching on homemade mac and cheese for a few days and need to switch it up. Might surprise my boyfriend with burgers as he has been bugging me to make something meaty, lol.

Katie

I'll go for something healthy tonight to compensate with our diner at the pub last night.

I'll cook spinach crumble and haddock filets :)

I'll make Nick some of the fried wontons I made (posted them on the lunch thread). I'll put it with the leftover slow cooked ribs and some salad.

I have a couple of pork chops I need to do something with, so I'll be searching the recipes looking for a good stuffed or braised pork chop recipe. My wife doesn't like pork chops because they get dry, so I'll have to make sure that doesn't happen. Along with them I think I'll try the fried spinach I've been reading about.

I've made Venison Bobotie with roasted butternut squash and corn relish. Bobotie is a traditional Cape Malay dish consisting of frying ground meat mixed with apricot jam,raisins,lemon juice,turmeric,curry powder,chopped onion and breadcrumbs(soaked in milk) and topped with a milk and egg mixture with bay leaves on top - baked in oven for an hour. Delicious!

I was going to make crockpot red beans and rice, til I discovered I have no beans and not enough rice.
Duh.
maybe quesadillas.

i really don't have anything in my kitchen except for a few eggs, some carrots, a few potatoes, and ginger....have no idea what to make...oh yea, and noodles, lots of different kind of noodles.

I hosted a brunch today so I could have leftovers (quiche, fruit, etc) but I feel like soup. I'll see what is on hand, but I might make a potato and bacon soup.

Salmon and Tuna patties, rice and cole slaw. Not mixed Salmon and Tuna, but seperate individual patties. Wonder how it would taste if I blended the two together....hmmmmm????

I got a Fagor multi-cooker for the holidays and just got "The Pressured Cook" by Lorna Sass (I love that name!) and am going to try the chicken gumbo. Yeah, need me some gumbo and cornbread.

Black beans and rice today. I made lots of stuff for lunches this week and it's all gone. There's a speck of refried beans left, my wife at the soup, my kids ate the chickpea sandwich spread ... there'd better be leftovers tonight.

I'm making muffaletta sandwiches on homemade bread. I'll probably fry up some potato chips to go with them...

Decided to buy the chips, but what the heck!

nc0110421oi6.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom