What's for Dinner Tuesday July 13th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Miluku0310

Assistant Cook
Went to a fish market today and bought some incredibly fresh, sushi-graded tuna and salmon...looks like we are having japanese tonight~

Spicy salmon / tuna:
- cooked rice with rice vinegar and mirin
- spicy mayonnaise ( simply add mayonnaise with sambal oelek chili)
- Tobiko flying fish caviar
- salmon / tuna (mince it)
- crab sticks (mince it)
- avocado / cucumber (optional)

1. Mix crab sticks, salmon / tuna and tobiko with spicy mayonnaise.
2. On a sushi mat, lay out a piece of seaweed and coat it with rice. Then, lay avocado or cucumber on your rice then the fish mixture.
3. Roll it

Salmon / tuna Nigiri:
- cooked rice with rice vinegar and mirin
- salmon / tuna (slice)
- wasabi

1. Light squeeze the rice with your palm and fingers (clenching your fist)
2. Brush a thin layer of wasabi with your index finger on the rice and then top it with a piece of raw fish.

Simply can't wait for dinner now...=)

Country-style pare ribs marinated in a chipotle marinade and hickory smoked, side of cole slaw.

Another day of canning and freezing so I'm a bit sick of dealing with food. However, we're going to have stuffed banana peppers, sliced tomatoes and corn.

The peppers are stuffed with sauteed bell pepper, tomato, onion, garlic, jalapeno, along with shredded cheddar, then the peppers are wrapped with bacon and baked until the bacon is done.

We had black bean quesadillas with sauteed garlic, red onion, and red bell pepper, spices, salsa, and extra sharp cheddar.

You know, I just love reading about what everyone is eating. You all sound like you put so much thought and effort into your meals.

Dinner here tonight was an easy "work night" meal. I roasted a little chicken (sadly my farm chicken connection passed away in March so no more steroid chickies) and with it we had a lovely whole grain blend rice dish done in broth, we had peaches and cream corn and raw peapods as a munchie veggie.

DH was installing our air conditioner most of the day and I was at the hospital. We didn't get to dinner until late. I had some raw pizza shells (gluten free for DH and regular for me) in the freezer from the last time I made dough so we had make your own pizza night. I had veggies and DH had one veggie and one bacon and pineapple.

Back
Top Bottom