What's for dinner Tuesday, June 1st?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We had BLT’s on lightly toasted sour dough and Stuffed artichoke (slivered fresh garlic and a piece of mozzarella in each leaf. Bread crumbs seasoned with fresh grated Parmesan and Romano cheese, minced fresh basil, sea salt, ground pepper, ground red pepper flakes, onion powder, garlic powder and dry herbs - thyme, rosemary, oregano.) Basted with a small amount of water, lemon juice and EVOO and steamed till tender.

Looking good...

Licia this is a recipe my mom used to make when I was a little girl and is a name someone gave it because they said thats what it looked like... My biological father was an alcoholic and more often than not he would drink away his weekly paycheck... My wonderful mother would have to be very creative in order to stretch what she had in order to feed her 4 little piglets... I always loved this dish as a child but have improved on it over the years...

This is how I make it;

1 1/4 pd ground beef
1 1/4 pds italian sausage (hot or sweet cook choice)
2 large green peppers
1 large red onion
4 large cloves of garlic
16 oz shittake mushrooms
2 Tbs dried oregano
3 28 oz can of tomato sauce
S&P

Cut peppers and onion in a large dice, put them in a large pot with about a 1/4 cup of olive oil and let them sweat... While that is working rough chop the garlic and cut mushrooms about the same size as your peppers and onions... Throw garlic and mushrooms into the pot and allow the mixture to caramelize slightly... Add the tomato sauce to the veg and simmer...

In a large saute pan brown your beef, and sausage (be sure to remove the casing if that is how you bought your sausage)... Drain the meat and add to your veg mixture, let simmer for 2 hours, stirring every once in a while...

Cook 1 pound of elbow macaroni till al dente, and add to the above...

You now have Mimiz Glop!!! :):):)
oh Mimi, that sounds so good! Whilst spouse is away I think I might give that a try... Can't do yummy stuff like that for him as it upsets his ulcer.....and so on... don't ask me what else:P You marry them, feed them wholesome food, they keep eating out.. Maccas and gawd knows what, the next thing you know they've got an ulcer..

Your today is my yesterday, but I made myself chicken marinated in tarragon, garlic, honey and oyster sauce. I REALLY enjoyed that:))

That sounds good. Please let us know how it turned out.:chef:
It was actually pretty good. Since there is only the two of us there is plenty left over. This would be good to take to a pot luck. It would feed a lot of people. The onions were sweet and the Ritz crackers on top just gave it that little extra.

It was actually pretty good. Since there is only the two of us there is plenty left over. This would be good to take to a pot luck. It would feed a lot of people. The onions were sweet and the Ritz crackers on top just gave it that little extra.

Thanks!

It's another new recipe that I found god knows where and am going to try it out. :LOL: Here it is.

5 large Vidalia onions, cut into 1/4-inch slices
1/4 cup butter or margarine
1/4 cup sour cream
3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
12 Ritz crackers

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Apply cooking spray to a 9x13-inch baking dish.

Melt the butter in a large heavy skillet over medium heat. Add the onions, and cook, stirring until tender - about 7-10 minutes. Turn off the heat and stir in the sour cream and parmesan cheese. Transfer the mixture to the prepared baking dish and crumble the Ritz crackers on top.
Bake uncovered for 30 minutes until top is browned and sauce is bubbly. Serve immediately.

CK my SIL makes something like this at Thanksgiving only she uses squash and it's yummy... As they are from Georgia and have vidalia onions coming out of the ying yang, I will have to pass this on to her... Thank you ;):)

CK my SIL makes something like this at Thanksgiving only she uses squash and it's yummy... As they are from Georgia and have vidalia onions coming out of the ying yang, I will have to pass this on to her... Thank you ;):)
You are more than welcome. I'll bet we have the same recipe for the squash cass. as well. Mine calls for yellow crooked neck squash, onion, mayo, granulated sugar,egg,butter, shredded cheddar and then the Ritz crackers. Yum. My picky hubs even eats it.:LOL:

You are more than welcome. I'll bet we have the same recipe for the squash cass. as well. Mine calls for yellow crooked neck squash, onion, mayo, granulated sugar,egg,butter, shredded cheddar and then the Ritz crackers. Yum. My picky hubs even eats it.:LOL:

CK that sounds like it I will ask her when she gets back from vacation and let you know, and I will pass on your onion recipe without a doubt as I know they will adore it... ;):);)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom